Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

No option to relearn tire position after rotation.

Search this Thread

Old July 16th, 2017, 1:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No option to relearn tire position after rotation.

2009 GMC Sierra 4.8L V8. Purchased new tires and had them mounted and balanced yesterday. The tire manager came to me and said that they couldn't figure out how to access relearn tire position feature through the DIC. I went on my way figuring that I could take on the project in my spare time but, I can not figure it out either. I've tried the following with the emergency brake on, key in the on position without the engine running and the radio off:

Held down lock and unlock buttons on on key fob simultaneously for at least 5 seconds. Key fob is after market and the truck has auto start...

Tried going through DIC options. I do not have the buttons for this feature, only the button stick on the instrument cluster. There is no option to relearn tire position.

Turned the headlight switch from off to on 3 times, then four times, then 5 times. Honestly, multiple different ways till I began getting frustrated.

Could this option have been deleted by a mechanic before I purchased the vehicle? When I purchased the truck from a used car lot, the airbag sensor malfunction indicator was on in the DIC. They fixed it before I picked the truck up. Maybe, he had messed with a feature that controls the ability to relearn sensor positions? The tire light comes on when the tires are low. I discovered that it's a little unusual that it claims my engine hours are only 240 when the truck has 190k on it.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

-Joe
Old July 21st, 2017, 4:57 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I would try this... (from the owners manual, page 5-83)

If your vehicle does not have RKE or DIC buttons,
press the trip odometer reset stem located on the
instrument panel cluster until the PRESS V TO
RELEARN TIRE POSITIONS message displays.
The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is
in relearn mode and TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE
message displays on the DIC screen.
Old September 5th, 2019, 6:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Silverado with same problem

I'm having the same issue with my NBS 2007 Silverado I just purchased. I do not have the DIC buttons, only the trip meter stem. I press it and do exactly what the directions say and I never get to the next phase. It just sits there. I was told I needed to get a FOB and do the 2 button press to get it to work. This truck does not have factory electric locks but I ordered one anyway. I press the remote key learn option using the stem button and it never goes into learning mode. This is frustrating to say the least.