Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Turn Signals Won’t Blink With Headlights On

Search this Thread

Old June 11th, 2019, 5:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turn Signals Won’t Blink With Headlights On

Hey! I have a 2010 Silverado crew cab LS, 2wd 4.8L V8. I’m having an issue with my turn signals. I just installed LED lights, head lights, front turn signals, rear reverse lights and break/ turn signals. I installed 50w6ohm load resisters on all 8 bulbs that are multi function. The front and rear turn signals. When the head lights are turned off, the tail lights work and the turn signals front and back work at normal speed (no hyper flash), as soon as I turn the parking lamps on or the headlights, the brake lights seem to stay on with what seems like light pulse when turn signal is placed on and the front turn signals act like they have constant power and won’t flash at all. I looked through some older threads and haven’t found any information on a fix and I have scoured the internet. A lot of people are talking about the same thing happening on their different vehicles but I haven’t found a fix in any of those threads. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old June 17th, 2019, 11:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LED Problem Fixed

Originally Posted by Gregory Hoard
Hey! I have a 2010 Silverado crew cab LS, 2wd 4.8L V8. I’m having an issue with my turn signals. I just installed LED lights, head lights, front turn signals, rear reverse lights and break/ turn signals. I installed 50w6ohm load resisters on all 8 bulbs that are multi function. The front and rear turn signals. When the head lights are turned off, the tail lights work and the turn signals front and back work at normal speed (no hyper flash), as soon as I turn the parking lamps on or the headlights, the brake lights seem to stay on with what seems like light pulse when turn signal is placed on and the front turn signals act like they have constant power and won’t flash at all. I looked through some older threads and haven’t found any information on a fix and I have scoured the internet. A lot of people are talking about the same thing happening on their different vehicles but I haven’t found a fix in any of those threads. Any help is greatly appreciated!
For anyone who is having this same issue, just wanted to post that not all LED lights are created equal. When a post for a light says it’s for turn signals or brake lights, make sure your getting switch back lights or dual function lights. My resistors were wired fine. It took me a few days but figured out that the lights I bought didn’t have the dual function allowing them to blink. Simple fix. Wanted to post this so others can get the right parts first and don’t go spending money on new flashers and such that won’t work if you don’t have the right lights.
The following users liked this post:
MontgomeryAL (August 11th, 2019)