Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   2007 - 2013 (GMT900) (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/2007-2013-gmt900-109/)
-   -   Where to plug in an electric brake controller on a 2007 silverado NBS (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/2007-2013-gmt900-109/where-plug-electric-brake-controller-2007-silverado-nbs-6063/)

bobinpa March 17th, 2007 12:36 AM

Where to plug in an electric brake controller on a 2007 silverado NBS

Can someone please tell me where I can plug in my electric brake controller for my camper on my 2007 Silverado "New Body Style" truck.
Seems like the trailer dealer and my truck dealer can't figure it out because of it being the "new body style".
On my 2005 Silverado, there was no problem, just plug it in a harness that was hanging under the dash, alas, no harness hanging with the 2007.
The truck dealer said something about unplugging something from somewhere then plugging something somewhere else.
I'm really confused, I need this hooked up by Aprl so I can go camping.
I would appreciate any help, please e-mail me at: rheck53@hotmail.com

Thank you

Bobinpa

legion May 17th, 2007 9:25 AM

RE: Where to plug in an electric brake controller on a 2007 silverado NBS

I have the same question. I looked under the dash and only saw the ODBC II plug.

Old Coot May 17th, 2007 8:43 PM

I've been looking also. The manual says there should be some blunt cut wires by the data link connector. I haven't located them yet. Should be a DARK BLUE, RED/BLACK, LIGHT BLUE/WHITE, AND WHITE. If anyone finds them I hope they'll let us know. I guess I'll call Customer Assistance and Information.:eek:

Old Coot May 18th, 2007 9:23 AM

I got this tech bulletin from Prodigy. It is for 2007 Silverado.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...to/Prodigy.jpg

dpg7314 June 20th, 2007 9:08 PM

This is great info, but hard to read. Can you send a link to the pdf file or send it to me?
Thanks in advance,
David

Old Coot June 21st, 2007 7:24 AM

If anyone would like to have a copy of thefile I'll be glad to send it to you if your send me your email address.

dpg7314 June 21st, 2007 10:08 AM

My email is dirtrider@alumni.clemson.edu.

Thanks

ZX1100F1 June 21st, 2007 12:02 PM

Underneath the dash find the parking brake release lever and go down and under from there you will find a bundle of wires that are taped up, fiddle around with them and you'll find that 4 wires (large red and blue and small light blue and wire) are cut with electrical tape on the ends, you can pull them out of the tape or cut the tape.
Sometimes these wires are closer to the gas pedal but still taped up and easy to locate.

Old Coot June 21st, 2007 1:40 PM

The wires you refer to, are very easy to find. Like you said just under the dash, but mine were on the left side of the steering coluum. Also they will not supply any power to the trailer brakes till you hook up the two wires under the hood.

tpietro June 29th, 2007 8:31 PM

I have the same problem and I would also like a copy of the diagram if its still available. I did find the wires under the dash. Where are the wires under the hood that need attaching?

Thanks

Old Coot July 1st, 2007 8:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Old Coot

If anyone would like to have a copy of thefile I'll be glad to send it to you if your send me your email address.

tpietro July 1st, 2007 7:28 PM

tpietro@verizon.net

Thanks

RECC Wiredude July 23rd, 2007 5:51 PM

bsoriano@reccwireless.com

Thanks

Dudeman258 July 24th, 2007 10:24 AM

Dudeman258@gmail.com

Thank you.

Dudeman

d_feo August 4th, 2007 10:53 PM

Hook up the brake controller to cut wires also.Left orange wire alone.I only get a red dot everytime i step on brake no numbers.I guess that can be do to the two wires under the hood.I would also like the diagram if you can please. d_feo@yahoo.com

lost August 12th, 2007 2:52 PM

Need help with control box had one installed but no brakes to the trailor.

hillbilly4u August 18th, 2007 1:52 PM

Your trailer brake wires?? One is hot all the time the other one will only go hot when you apply the brake. Find these and you got brakes.

clintjohns6412 August 28th, 2007 12:42 PM

GOT THE INFO ON THE BRAKE CONTROLLER HARNESS. IT IS LOCATED UNDER THE DASH NEXT TO THE PARKING BRAKE RELEASE. YOU DON'T NEED TO USE THE ORANGE WIRE. THERE ARE TWO WIRES UNDER THE HOOD. BOTH ARE RED WITH BLACK STRIPS AND HAVE A CIRCLED END ON THEM. ONE IS LOCATED ON THE MOTOR SIDE OF THE UNDER HOOD FUSE BOX SLIGHTLY TAPED UP WITH SOME OTHER WIRES. THE OTHER IS LOCATED NEXT TO THE SAME UNDERHOOD FUSE BOX NEXT TO THE DRIVER SIDE FENDER. IT IS ALSO TAPED UP SLIGHTLY. BOTH OF THEM HOOK TO THE STUD'S LOCATED ON THE FUSE BOX TOWARD THE FRONT. EACH WIRE FITS OVER A CERTAIN SIZED STUD. EASY TO DO

scrappler August 28th, 2007 6:56 PM

hello all i just purchased an 07 silverado 1500 LT Crew cab NBS with the 5.3. Was thinking about putting in a break controller. Thanks to this forum I went out to my truck and found all the wires in about 5 minutes. I had someone give me a hoppy impulse controller but I have no instructions. Can anyone help with that?

Old Coot August 28th, 2007 8:37 PM

Go to their web site and ask for instructions. That is what I did with Prodigy. They emailed me very detailed instructions with diagram and pictures.

traveltunes August 30th, 2007 6:16 PM

I have an integrated trailer brakebuilt in thedash on my 2007.5. All you have to do is hook up to your trailer. Is this only on the HD's or something?

442man September 22nd, 2007 9:29 AM

Is it still possible for you to e-mail a the wiring diagram for the electric brake controller wiring harness and location. I just purchased a 2007 Silverado and the dealer could not help me locate the harness. I need to hook up the controller today to pick up my camper Sunday. Any help would be appreciated. Also, do you suggest any cetain controller? Thanks, John
idijohn@aol.com

dave11 September 24th, 2007 6:52 PM

old coot, could you send it to me?
dave11@budweiser.com
thanks

clintjohns6412 September 28th, 2007 11:44 AM

IT DON'T GET MUCH EASIER

IT IS LOCATED UNDER THE DASH NEXT TO THE PARKING BRAKE RELEASE. YOU DON'T NEED TO USE THE ORANGE WIRE. THERE ARE TWO WIRES UNDER THE HOOD. BOTH ARE RED WITH BLACK STRIPS AND HAVE A CIRCLED END ON THEM. ONE IS LOCATED ON THE MOTOR SIDE OF THE UNDER HOOD FUSE BOX SLIGHTLY TAPED UP WITH SOME OTHER WIRES. THE OTHER IS LOCATED NEXT TO THE SAME UNDERHOOD FUSE BOX NEXT TO THE DRIVER SIDE FENDER. IT IS ALSO TAPED UP SLIGHTLY. BOTH OF THEM HOOK TO THE STUD'S LOCATED ON THE FUSE BOX TOWARD THE FRONT. EACH WIRE FITS OVER A CERTAIN SIZED STUD. EASY TO DO

hunter1222 September 2nd, 2009 7:42 AM

I want to hook up a brake controller on my truck, I have found all the wires thanks to this thread. Ok just want to make sure where to hook the wires.
Under the dash wires are labeled white-ground red/black-bat blue/white-chms blue-aux the controller reads white-ground black-+connection to power system red-stoplight blue-output to trailer brakes. Just want to to sure which wire where.

Aggie1 September 3rd, 2009 9:37 AM

I am having the same issue. If you could send the info on the brake controller wiring I would appreciate it very much. Aggie1

old dog September 3rd, 2009 11:39 AM

control

here is a little video .http://www.etrailer.com/tv-Install-B...erado_web.aspx
and a different set with pic's .http://www.stealthv.com/images/GMT90...er_Install.pdf

lilpat07 January 19th, 2010 7:05 PM

I would like a copy of the file.

Pat

lilpat07@gmail.com

timmysk February 9th, 2010 11:01 AM

trailer brake

I would like a copy of that too,
timmysk@gmail.com
thanks

tim passmore July 29th, 2010 9:06 PM

i would like a copy also

thanks tim
penguin55@msn.com

Toby Morgan September 3rd, 2012 5:57 PM

Hi there, Could you please email me the info on the brake controller? Thanks in advance.
raysan821@yahoo.com

Russellcw February 19th, 2013 3:15 PM

Hello, could you please send me a copy of information, thanks! russellcw@hotmail.com

higgyhawk June 1st, 2013 2:11 PM

I would like a copy of this file,thanks.wshiggins29@hotmail.com

Chevy2500hd07 March 5th, 2015 1:23 PM

Help please

I would love to have a wiring diagram too. Lynnwagaman@hotmail.com

old dog March 5th, 2015 9:50 PM

maybe this will help
Brake Controller Installation for 2007(New Body Style) - 2013 GMC Sierra and Chevy Silverado | etrailer.com

bodatiouskid January 3rd, 2016 1:07 PM

Originally Posted by timmysk (Post 129745)
I would like a copy of that too,
timmysk@gmail.com
thanks

Me too!
(bodatiouskid@aol.com):eek:

old dog January 3rd, 2016 3:30 PM

all you have to do is click on the highlighted links and they will pull up .

therewolf January 3rd, 2016 7:45 PM

On the HDs with a factory tow package, look under the back seat,

or possibly in the glove box. There may be a wiring harness for

adding a brake booster. I know my truck came with one...