Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?

Old February 22nd, 2017, 3:40 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ShaneMerillat
My 2014 Silverado has the same issue; however, I have 50k miles...yes, I use my truck. So, warrantee is gone and the bill is all mine. I found the leak at the top connection on the condensor. It looks like the connection was weakened and stretched pinholes have appeared. This appears as a clear design flaw, why not recall or openly offer compensation? Kind of disappointed in GM. Thanks for the complaint number and address John.
Hello Shane,

We truly regret to hear about this leak concern you're experiencing with your Silverado. We would be more than happy to look into this further for you on our end. If interested, please send us a private message with your VIN to move forward.

To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Sincerely,

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old February 26th, 2017, 6:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnes
We bought our 2014 Chevy Z71 LTZ 4 Door 1/2 ton truck last June when they first came out. My wife was hell bent on getting one as soon she saw the new design. We flew from Mississippi to Houston, rented a car, and drove to Austin to pick it up. It's a good looking truck but now that we've had it just over a year, putting some miles on it (almost 34,000), and the warranty is about over with, the AC has gone out on us.

The AC is just blowing hot air. Had been working fine up until this afternoon. The controls all work, the vents change as they should, just no cool air.

Has anyone else had this issue?

We are going to take it to a dealer for repair but our experience with these dealers so far has not been a good one. I understand that cars break but it would be nice for the dealers to at least ACT like they want to help... No loaner car and a week wait to find the problem is a bit frustrating for someone who just spent $40,000 on their product.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas or experience with the problem, I would love to hear from you. Thank You!
My 14' Silverado has the same issue. At 48K I realize the AC controls say low but its blowing hot. Battery gave out last week as well. Is there a major problem with this?
Old February 27th, 2017, 8:09 AM
CF Beginner

Exclamation 2014 Silverado AC Issues...

Originally Posted by Scott101st
My 14' Silverado has the same issue. At 48K I realize the AC controls say low but its blowing hot. Battery gave out last week as well. It was a costly oil change. Is there a major problem with this?
AC Issues are common problems with this model year.

Does anyone know of a recall for it?
Old February 27th, 2017, 8:11 AM
CF Beginner

Time to trade it in for a Ford.
Old March 1st, 2017, 7:59 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Time to trade it in for a Ford.
Welcome to the forum, Scott101st,

We’re very sorry to learn that you’ve been experiencing these vehicle concerns. We would be happy to review your VIN to see if there are any active or pertinent details relating to your concerns. To proceed, please send us a private message with your full VIN.

To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Helen
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 9th, 2017, 9:49 PM
CF Beginner

Default A/C Is Out

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Welcome to the forum, Scott101st,

We’re very sorry to learn that you’ve been experiencing these vehicle concerns. We would be happy to review your VIN to see if there are any active or pertinent details relating to your concerns. To proceed, please send us a private message with your full VIN.

Helen
Chevrolet Customer Care
My VIN, fix the issue and I stay a Chevrolet Customer.
Old March 24th, 2017, 3:44 PM
CF Beginner

My 2014 silverado just went out today . What was the issue and how much was it to fix .
Old March 24th, 2017, 10:22 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by brian kehlert
My 2014 silverado just went out today . What was the issue and how much was it to fix .
It is not fixed yet, I needed a battery, my left rear brake caliper was leaking and my drivers window would not go back up. Biggest Piece of Sh*t I have ever spent my hard earned money on. Today I needed to use my emergency brake, it does not work either. In 4x4 at parking lot speeds it wont turn without hammering the accelerator. Absolutey the worst vehicle purchase since my first car over 40 yrs ago.
Old March 25th, 2017, 9:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

In 4x4 at parking lot speeds it wont turn without hammering the accelerator.
its a part time 4wd system, it should not be in 4wd lock or 4wd low on dry pavement or you will wreck the tcase.
Old March 27th, 2017, 11:06 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
its a part time 4wd system, it should not be in 4wd lock or 4wd low on dry pavement or you will wreck the tcase.
let me correct the record, at parking lot speeds it won't turn unless you hammer the accelerator. Wet, Sandy or Snow.

So, I can expect theTransfer Case to go out next?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?