Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/2014-2018-gmt-k2-110/)
-   -   USB port not playing music/media (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/2014-2018-gmt-k2-110/usb-port-not-playing-music-media-99096/)

wbates3241 January 22nd, 2020 6:40 PM

USB port not playing music/media

Hello,

I do apologize in advance if this is not the place to post this question.

I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado and I often drive 3 hours to visit my fiance (not really but kinda important). Anyways, during my drive, I like to connect my phone to my truck via USB cord so I can listen to The Office on Netflix (since it can play in the background on the phone). I have an iPhone XS Max and have never had issues with this. I plug in my phone, go to the Media section on the screen in the truck select my phone, and then press play for the episode. I'll then return to Google Maps so I can navigate properly and just have The Office playing in the background similar to having music playing.

However, this has suddenly stopped working. Literally, it worked on a Friday on my 3 hour drive to my fiance's house but it didn't work 2 days later on Sunday on my drive back home. The USB does not pick up anything from my phone. It'll charge my phone but Netflix, YouTube, or music does not play. It shows on the screen that my phone is connected but that "No Media Found". Can someone please help me?

When I realized it was not working, I checked for an update on my phone. I downloaded the updated and it still did not work. I closed all my apps and tried again and still didn't work. I force reset my phone. I tried another USB cord. I turned my truck off/on. None of these have helped. I even checked the fuse for the USB and that looked perfectly fine. Like I said, the USB charges my phone but doesn't seem to recognize any media.

Thanks in advance!

Matt Beam November 5th, 2021 4:59 PM

Help!

This has just happened to my 2015 chevy cruze limited. I used to listen to my Spotify through the usb. I used my usb cable for this and it has always worked. But recently it has stopped working. My phone will charge but won’t play any music anymore. I have the iPhone 11. Have you found out anything yet?

Avatar8885 November 6th, 2021 3:03 PM

Mine too!

Originally Posted by Matt Beam (Post 472318)
This has just happened to my 2015 chevy cruze limited. I used to listen to my Spotify through the usb. I used my usb cable for this and it has always worked. But recently it has stopped working. My phone will charge but won’t play any music anymore. I have the iPhone 11. Have you found out anything yet?

I have a 2012 Cruze 2LT and mine just started this the other day. I have the iPhone 8, could it maybe be the new ios 15.1 update messing with it somehow? Same issue, will charge and won't play music.

jtxd40 November 6th, 2021 8:25 PM

USB Cable not Syncing!

I think it has to do with the 15.1 iPhone update 100% because I use this daily and all of a sudden it’s not working. Not only that, but I’m seeing others having the same problem too recently so it has to be it. Glad I’m not the only one thinking it was an issue with my car the whole time.

JuanA November 7th, 2021 5:27 PM

Same!!

Originally Posted by Avatar8885 (Post 472339)
I have a 2012 Cruze 2LT and mine just started this the other day. I have the iPhone 8, could it maybe be the new ios 15.1 update messing with it somehow? Same issue, will charge and won't play music.

I have a 2011 Chevy Cruze and I have the same problem. I use the USB port to listen to music and it recently just stopped working. It was working on Thursday and on Saturday it just didn’t want to work. The thing is when I updated my iPhone to IOS 15 it was when it stopped working, so I don’t know it may be the update causing this. But if there is a solution let me know!

TReed November 9th, 2021 6:10 PM

iOS 15.1

I am almost 100% certain the problem is being caused by iOS 15.1. I updated my iOS 2 days ago and now my USB port will only charge my phone it will not play any music and is not even being recognized by the car. I tried my wife’s iPhone who did not update her iOS yet and it plays music and charges her phone perfectly fine

NASCARfan4thewin88 November 12th, 2021 8:45 AM

USB Port

I was having the same problem, and did some research. They said to:

Go to settings -> Music -> EQ (mine was on Late Night) -> Switch it to off.

kerrigan November 12th, 2021 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by NASCARfan4thewin88 (Post 472503)

Hi,
Do you do this on your phone or in your car? I cannot find the setting for music in either and I am a bit confused. I have a 2013 Chevy Cruze.

bodelex November 12th, 2021 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by NASCARfan4thewin88 (Post 472503)

i went to my settings to check this and mine was already off? But it’s still not playing music through the car

iamnoriej November 12th, 2021 4:04 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Beam (Post 472318)

LITERALLY the same exact car I have and that same thing happened to me. My iPhone updates to iOS 15.1 and it hasn’t worked since. I’m wondering if it’s something we can report to apple and have them fix it !