Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 ac blowing hot

Search this Thread

Old July 20th, 2017, 10:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 ac blowing hot

I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado with 50,500 my ac went out and was told is was a leak that caused my compressor to burn up, I bought at compressor and filled with proper level of refrigentant it worked fine for about two days then started blowing hot again so I checked the pressures and had no refrigerant again I tried to fill again but now I can't get the pressure or the compressor to change me on so I have left it off but I am going to have to do something because it is the dead of summer here on the gulf coast and along with the heat and humidity so south ms I am going to burn up, any ideas on what to do??
Old August 11th, 2017, 7:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gulfcoastms
I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado with 50,500 my ac went out and was told is was a leak that caused my compressor to burn up, I bought at compressor and filled with proper level of refrigentant it worked fine for about two days then started blowing hot again so I checked the pressures and had no refrigerant again I tried to fill again but now I can't get the pressure or the compressor to change me on so I have left it off but I am going to have to do something because it is the dead of summer here on the gulf coast and along with the heat and humidity so south ms I am going to burn up, any ideas on what to do??
there is refridgerant cans that can find leaks and seal them. But i would assume that is a very temperary fix. Just a curious question have you noticed exessive coolant/anitfreeze lose
Old August 11th, 2017, 7:16 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

The 2014 Silverado is having problems with the condenser for the AC. They seem to develop a crack and leak freon. Refilling it will not help as it will leak out again. The condenser needs to be replaced but they are not readily available right now. There are many posts on this subject in this forum.