Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2017, 10:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second time

I bought my 2014 Silverado and at 28k miles AC when out. It was under warrenty and they replaced the leak in the high discharge line near the compressor. Now 2 years later my AC has gone out again! In the same location. There is clearly a huge problem here Chevrolet. I noticed on this forum Chevy Costumer Service use to atleast respond on here, now they got there heads in the sand it appears. Fixing the same part twice on a 3 year old truck is sad. My family and I have always been life long Chevy buyers but if this is they way they handle screw ups my family and I will be all buying Fords this next year. Unless Chevy does something about this I highly recommend avoiding buying.
Old May 23rd, 2017, 12:41 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fulmes8
I bought my 2014 Silverado and at 28k miles AC when out. It was under warrenty and they replaced the leak in the high discharge line near the compressor. Now 2 years later my AC has gone out again! In the same location. There is clearly a huge problem here Chevrolet. I noticed on this forum Chevy Costumer Service use to atleast respond on here, now they got there heads in the sand it appears. Fixing the same part twice on a 3 year old truck is sad. My family and I have always been life long Chevy buyers but if this is they way they handle screw ups my family and I will be all buying Fords this next year. Unless Chevy does something about this I highly recommend avoiding buying.
"Normal wear & tear"
Old May 24th, 2017, 3:53 PM
DGL
CF Beginner

Update- After I complained to Chevy in a chat online, a salesman from my dealer called me and offered to let me trade my truck in with 'no penalty' for having non-functional A/C. Don't know what I'm going to do yet. Don't really want to start over with a brand new truck as I like the one I have aside from this current problem.
Anyone know if the problem is fixed for the 2017 Silverado?
Old May 24th, 2017, 4:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

you will still get hammered trading it in. the full book value for your used truck will still be a substantial depreciation vs a new similiarly equipped truck. Cheaper to perform the repair. Check out the numbers
Old May 24th, 2017, 7:51 PM
DGL
CF Beginner

Default Agree

Originally Posted by tech2
you will still get hammered trading it in. the full book value for your used truck will still be a substantial depreciation vs a new similiarly equipped truck. Cheaper to perform the repair. Check out the numbers
You're absolutely right on the depreciation. Only problem is that I can't get it fixed because there are no parts on the market (condenser). At this point I'd pay a pretty penny just to get it fixed. If GM doesn't come up with a solution in the near future it's going to be a miserable next few months.
Really sucks.
Old May 31st, 2017, 6:58 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default AC out again for 3rd time....

Ok, so here it is the begining of summer and the ac on my 2014 silverado is out again. The truck has been great other than this annoyance. They know what the problem is, it's the same ac discharge hose each time. Why can't we get it fixed and stay fixed? This time almost made it year without it going bad again. Went out the first time after buying the truck. Then after repairs it went out again in less than a month. Now we are at repair #3. Reading other forums I see this as a recurring issue on the Silverado. Do I or will I see a recall in the future?
Old June 6th, 2017, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

Default A/C Condenser out on 2014 Silverado

I bought my 2014 Chevy Silverado used. I have now had it for 8 months. I got to drive it for 5 months before the A/C Condenser started leaking. I took it into the shop and I was informed that the part is on National Back order. I was also told that I might be able to get it fixed but it would cost $1300 for the repair. Since the Chevrolet Dealers have bought all remaining Condenser's and marked the up from $300 to $800. So now my truck has been sitting in my yard for 3 months. I live in Houston and it is IMPOSSIBLE to drive here without an A/C. I ordered the part almost 3 months ago from a trusted Chevy Dealer. They have over 60 of them ordered and not a single one has come in.

In my honest opinion, this could be the biggest scam of all time. All of the truck's are having the same issue. So the dealerships buy all of the remaining condenser's nationwide at "cost". Then they mark them up to $800 because they know they are the only ones that have this part in the entire United States Of America. What in the hell is going on here? I didn't spend $40,000 on a truck to park it in my yard for 3 months. Hell, it could be 6 months or a year the way this is going.

This is my 5th GM truck. I have NEVER had issues with any AC before. Not even once.

GM, you might think that your going to get away with this but i personally know 4 other people at this time that have the exact same problem. As soon as this AC gets fixed this truck is going to get traded in for a Ford. I cant believe i'm saying this but if this is how your going to treat thousands of loyal customers for years and years then there is no other option. I will make sure that nobody I know will ever buy a GM product before hearing my story. I will take this as far as I can because GM brought this on themselves.
Old June 6th, 2017, 7:32 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello Hobbes22,

We truly apologize for the unexpected concerns with the A/C. We would be more than happy to look into this further for you. Please send us a private message to us along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Seriously, we don't give a crap for your lazy responses. We want Chevrolet to stand behind their trucks. I went from a reliable Tundra to a crap non ac working Chevy truck. I should of stuck to my more American made truck (tundra).
Old June 8th, 2017, 8:55 AM
CF Beginner

Angry AC Condenser

Just had my AC go out two weeks ago...of course out of warranty. I was told it would be two to three weeks to get one in...found out yesterday from GM 12,000 units are on back order, one to two months. Getting really frustrated with their answers (when I get some). 100° this week in Salt Lake...$45,000 truck, 3 years old and I can't drive it. I have bought and owned 17 GM vehicles...they are sliding quickly down the list! What are the rest of you doing about your AC not working?
Old June 8th, 2017, 9:00 AM
CF Beginner

Oh...hold you to your a#$....not the hoses...the CONDENSER...$1,200 to fix but they don't have any in stock and don't expect to for months. !!!

Quick Reply: 2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?