Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?

Old June 16th, 2017, 11:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC issues

Had the bracket and hose put on in Aug 2015 for 2014 Silverado that was blowing hot air. Now its not under warranty and blowing hot air again! Fed up in Michigan!
Old June 17th, 2017, 12:05 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Eddoctor
I bought my silverado in November of 2014 brand new. In June of 2015, my air went out, however, I was under warranty and didn't have to pay for it!!!! Well now that my two year warranty expired, guess what just happened again, you guessed it, my air is out again. I love my truck, but I know that it is not NORMAL for the AC to go out in multiple Chevy/GMC trucks. I need to see the company step up to the table and handle this defect in AC parts/assembly that's causing these issues. In other words, not only do I want my truck fixed by Chevy, a RECALL is in order, there are already 15 recalls on the 2014 silverado based upon the information found on the cars.com site, so why not prove to us owners that you value us as loyal customers by implementing this recall immediately. I would like to receive a response from Chevy/GMC and then we can talk privately.

Dr. C
I think they are ignoring it because its an expensive fix. They know this is going on. Its ridiculous. 90 degrees here and no A C! They dont want it to be a formal recall
Old June 17th, 2017, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same issue with my 2014 Silverado. My A/C started blowing hot air at the end of April so I took it in to the dealer on May 1st and they said it was a condenser leaking. They advised me that the part was on national back order and could not advise when part would come in. The parts department advised me that they had 7 on back order and stated the same as to not knowing when the part would be in. This is totally unacceptable on a $40,000 truck. I have called the dealer(Dan Cummins) every week with no luck on a time frame. It has now been 6 weeks with 90 degree temps here in Ky. I have looked online and found several aftermarket condensors but they will not use them. That is ridiculous. What is your fix for this problem cause there are 100's of trucks with this same problem nation wide
Old June 30th, 2017, 8:54 AM
CF Beginner

Angry Condenser failed - re-designed part on B/O

Yeahhhh, so add me to the list here...

I bought a pre-owned 2014 GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab on 5/19/17 and two weeks later, the AC stopped working. Luckily I have the extended warranty and they are going to replace the condenser (a million years from now when they get one in). The part is on back order and there are four other trucks that have the same problem. They did give me a loaner and said I could stay in it for as long as I need to. I'm hearing that folks who are getting the condenser done on warranty and have a loaner are priority since they want that loaner back because they only have a small pool of loaner vehicles. I'm so mad.... This was my first new (to me) full size truck and it's sitting in there parking lot while I continue to pay ~$500 per month for it.

Not a good look, GM!!!!
Old June 30th, 2017, 10:21 AM
CF Beginner

Default Update******

UPDATE******

Just spoke with GM and they confirmed that they are working with two suppliers and some of the new AC condensers have actually shipped to dealers. So that to me says that they're cranking them out but not at a heavy clip so yeah, might be a while before we all see ours get fixed but the ball has at least started rolling.
Old June 30th, 2017, 12:33 PM
CF Beginner

I got the aftermarket A/C Delco with a special adaptation to it that protects the can on the compressor. I was out of warranty, so I paid for it myself. I did get a great price on it when I sold it. The guy that bought it did verify that the A/C was replaced. I miss my Silverado, but I did get a Ford with the 5.0 V8. At least it sounds like a truck when you drive it.
Old July 2nd, 2017, 12:13 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down

I have a 2014 Silverado 41,000 and sure enough the house from compressor to condensor cracks and it cost 612 dollars for hose and bracket. I had the perfect truck.......Why does Chevy not make this problem right with owners?
Old July 5th, 2017, 6:05 AM
CF Beginner

Any updates? Have you had your condenser replaced yet?

Originally Posted by firecapt362
I am having the same issue with my 2014 Silverado. My A/C started blowing hot air at the end of April so I took it in to the dealer on May 1st and they said it was a condenser leaking. They advised me that the part was on national back order and could not advise when part would come in. The parts department advised me that they had 7 on back order and stated the same as to not knowing when the part would be in. This is totally unacceptable on a $40,000 truck. I have called the dealer(Dan Cummins) every week with no luck on a time frame. It has now been 6 weeks with 90 degree temps here in Ky. I have looked online and found several aftermarket condensors but they will not use them. That is ridiculous. What is your fix for this problem cause there are 100's of trucks with this same problem nation wide
Old July 5th, 2017, 6:07 AM
CF Beginner

Any updates?
Old July 5th, 2017, 9:43 AM
CF Beginner

Angry

I'm having the same problems with my 2014 Silverado. All of a sudden the A/C was no longer cold. I took it to the local dealership and was told the condenser was bad - and it's not a recall and not under warranty (I have 49,000 miles on it). The guy said he sees this on these trucks all the time and didn't understand why there wasn't a recall. I asked them to go ahead and fix it - as I live in SC close to Myrtle Beach and it is 90+ degrees here daily and very humid. He called me later to tell me the part was not in stick and he had to order it. The next day I was told to come pick it up as the part was on a national backorder and they had no idea when the part would deliver. So now for 2 weeks I have to drive a sweltering hot truck with no idea of when it will be fixed. I have always owned Chevrolets - I bought my 1st Blazer at 15 years old. This one may be my last. There's no reason why a 3 year old truck should have the condenser go out this early - and Chevrolet knows it's a problem - and will not cover the costs to repair. NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?