Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2015, 10:00 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any of you folks getting issues with the AC after the repair and warranty run out? I got my truck December 2014 and have put 35K on it in 16 months and with the warranty about to expire the AC is now dead. It's at the dealer now for fixing, but the dealer swears he knows nothing about any AC issues with the 2014 Silverado. Not feeling too cool.....
Old May 5th, 2015, 3:31 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 1njdevil
Any of you folks getting issues with the AC after the repair and warranty run out? I got my truck December 2014 and have put 35K on it in 16 months and with the warranty about to expire the AC is now dead. It's at the dealer now for fixing, but the dealer swears he knows nothing about any AC issues with the 2014 Silverado. Not feeling too cool.....
Hello 1njdevil,

Please keep us posted on your dealership visit. We recognize this is inconvenient and we're happy to look more into this and contact your dealership for further details. If interested, please send your VIN, full contact information, and dealership name via private message.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 7th, 2015, 10:37 AM
CF Beginner

Default more ac problems

I purchased the 2014 Silverado about a year ago and never used my ac till last week and it only blew hot air so I brought it to the dealership and because I'm over my bumper to bumper warranty the won't fix it has anyone figured out what the problem is yet ?
Old May 13th, 2015, 6:28 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2014 Chevy Silverado problems

I have been having problems with my 2014 Chevy Silverado - the first one was that it was stuck in 4-wheel drive but eventually came out and when checked at dealership they said it was fine - then came the air conditioning problem - on a day when it was 97 degrees and it did not work for two days but when the temperature dropped it seemed to work some - taking to dealership but can they find the problem if it started working again and why did it stop working at all
Old May 13th, 2015, 8:25 AM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by barbe
I have been having problems with my 2014 Chevy Silverado - the first one was that it was stuck in 4-wheel drive but eventually came out and when checked at dealership they said it was fine - then came the air conditioning problem - on a day when it was 97 degrees and it did not work for two days but when the temperature dropped it seemed to work some - taking to dealership but can they find the problem if it started working again and why did it stop working at all
Hello barbe,

We'd like to apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced with your 2014 Chevrolet Silverado. Since we're not trained technicians, we're unable to provide any technical assistance. However, you mentioned that you're taking your vehicle into the dealership to address your AC concern. They are in the best position to assist with this issue. Should you need an extra layer of assistance, feel free to send us a private message containing your VIN, mileage, preferred dealership and full contact information.

Be sure to keep us updated on how everything turns out.

Jasmine F
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 19th, 2015, 6:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2014 Silverado POS

I have had problem after problem with this vehicle, and no help from Chevy, besides a "Im sorry you are having these issues" heated and A/c seats-Junk, have had them worked on more than once, now, my actual A/C stopped working, and blows hot air. I think they time these things to break, right after the 3/36,000 warranty. Oh and my dash is acting up, and its calling onstar all on its own.. Fantastic product chevy.. Apparently the bailout just paid for vacations, and you have your junk made in sweat shops.. Maybe if you had Americans making everything, these problems may not be happening.
Old May 20th, 2015, 5:09 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by Kristhompson
I have had problem after problem with this vehicle, and no help from Chevy, besides a "Im sorry you are having these issues" heated and A/c seats-Junk, have had them worked on more than once, now, my actual A/C stopped working, and blows hot air. I think they time these things to break, right after the 3/36,000 warranty. Oh and my dash is acting up, and its calling onstar all on its own.. Fantastic product chevy.. Apparently the bailout just paid for vacations, and you have your junk made in sweat shops.. Maybe if you had Americans making everything, these problems may not be happening.
Hello Kris,

We understand how frustrating this may seem for you, and we are always happy to look into concerns further and help the best way possible. Feel free to send us a private message with your information and we can definitely look into our system a little more for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 28th, 2015, 11:32 AM
CF Beginner

Default mine too!

I purchased my Silverado in November of 2013 and have forty seven thousand miles on my truck. Yesterday afternoon in the Florida heat my air conditioning started not being able to keep up. by the time it cooled down outside the AC started working better. And now again today in this Florida heat it cannot keep up. this is really quite sad that this new of a truck that I keep rooting for to all of my ford driving friends can't keep an air conditioner going for a little over a year when my 86 Camaro is still blowing beautifully with r12. I just don't think it's fair that just because I have driven past my warranty that this early in the life of this truck I'm already having to pay for 2 bad spark plug wires and now air conditioning repairs. Not cool!
Old May 28th, 2015, 11:44 AM
CF Beginner

My service guy just called and told me that a hose was blown. Chevy will take care off it less a $100 deductible. I will be purchasing a different brand, and I will make sure everyone I know who owns a chevy, to do the same.
Old June 4th, 2015, 2:16 PM
CF Beginner

I had the same problem after a year of owning the truck. Took it in and they said it was really low on coolant. I asked them how does it get that low without there being a leak. They replied they put dye in try to see if there is one. I guess its a waiting game now. I am tired of this truck already and want to trade up to a 2nd gen but it lost its value so quick im upside down. I have had nothing but problems with it. The worst was while I was taking a drive in the mountains, I all of the sudden lost power. I had to limp my truck back into town because I could not call for a tow due to no cell service. They said a spark plug wire fell off and they had to replace it. I got the truck back went back up in the mountains and it did it again. I was able to limp the truck back in both times thank god because I am a disabled vet and cant walk very far. Now im fearful everytime I take it out of cellphone service cause I don't want it to break down and leave me stranded. Its been in the shop more for warranty work and recalls then its been out on the road.

Quick Reply: 2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?