Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?

Search this Thread

Old July 25th, 2017, 10:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update:

Sent an email to GM CEO Mary Barra and received a call back from another Customer Service Representative. I was offered 12 months XM radio or 12 months OnStar or $250 coupon for accessories. Here's the email which generated the call back along with another email attempt to reach someone other than a customer service rep.

"Mary,

I had the experience of dealing with GM Customer Service for the last 4 daysconcerning a defective condenser on my 2015 Chevrolet Silverado. MySilverado, recently out of warranty and only 19 months old, is one of the manyequipped with the faulty A/C condensers plaguing the Chevrolet Brand. Myconcerns were not addressed to my satisfaction nor what I would hope youconsider to be acceptable. I have been a lifelong GM customer since myfirst purchase in 2003 and since that time I have purchased 5 brand newvehicles from your GM dealers for a total of $239,000. I understand thatamount of money is not something you would consider to be an extravagant amountbut to your customer base it indeed is. Although GM has lost me asa customer, please take a minute to reevaluate your customer focus and insurethe hard working people like myself who kept the GM name afloat are heard byyour staff. I typically don’t send emails for personal matters from mycompany email but I felt in this case it was important. Important that theleadership at GM see that is real people behind the customer service casenumbers. Thank you."

"Mary,

I received a call back in reference to the email I sent you concerning myexperience with GM Customer Service on my 2015 Chevrolet Silverado. Theindividual I spoke with today stated she was from the GM Executive Office andwas calling regarding my experience with GM in this matter. I brieflywent through the series of events which spawned my email contact to you andyour representative’s responses were disheartening. She stated the callwas being recorded so I’m sure there is record of it. GM as of yet doesnot recognize there is a problem with these condensers and I was offeredtrivial consolations for my negative experience.

12 months OnStar or 12 Months XM Radio or $250 Coupon foraccessories…Considering the nature of my experience and the content of theemail I sent you those offers illustrates GM has certainly lost sight of itscustomers. We all have cell phones, we have gps aps, pandora aps and wealready have floor mats in our vehicles.

I was hoping you would read theemail I sent rather than it being intercepted by more Customer Servicerepresentatives. I don’t expect any compensation nor did I requestsuch. I only asked that you reevaluate GMs customer service and listen toyour customers. Sometimes in business we get so caught up and focused onthe bottom line that we forget the customers generate it. We both know itis easier to keep a lifelong customer than earn one. My decision to nolonger be a GM customer was reaffirmed today. Thank you."

to earn customers for life by building brands thatinspire passion and loyalty through not only breakthrough technologies but alsoby serving and improving the communities in which we live and work around theworld.

Old July 27th, 2017, 6:42 AM
CF Beginner

Default It's amazing

Amazing there is not more recourse for an obvious vocal, screwed over, amount of truck owners that have fallen victim to purchasing this vehicle!
spent $400 on a new supply (w/ mount) and now AC is out AGAIN! I am furious Chevrolet is just accepting this happening to all of these Silverado owners - something so basic!
Old July 29th, 2017, 3:45 PM
CF Beginner

Default We feel your pain..

Everyone who comes here PLEASE also join the Facebook group called "I have a defective GM A/C condenser part number 84211191"...I believe GM will pay more attention to the growing number of us there on Facebook rather than on a "forum", even though they're essentially the same.
Old July 31st, 2017, 10:12 AM
CF Beginner

Default Just replaced my condenser @ 27k! Thank you GM!!!

Ill be joining the FB group el pro to!

My family is out $1000+ , love GM's quality!

#NeveragainGM #Tellyourfriends

Originally Posted by NotProfessionalGrade
Everyone who comes here PLEASE also join the Facebook group called "I have a defective GM A/C condenser part number 84211191"...I believe GM will pay more attention to the growing number of us there on Facebook rather than on a "forum", even though they're essentially the same.
Old July 31st, 2017, 1:18 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Bhenderson
Ill be joining the FB group el pro to!

My family is out $1000+ , love GM's quality!

#NeveragainGM #Tellyourfriends
What about the bumper to bumper warranty, you're under 36K miles?
Old July 31st, 2017, 3:54 PM
CF Beginner

they got me on the three-year. ended in June.

Originally Posted by NotProfessionalGrade
What about the bumper to bumper warranty, you're under 36K miles?
Old August 5th, 2017, 2:11 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Bhenderson
they got me on the three-year. ended in June.
Sounds about right. Sorry to hear it..I asked a "customer care" agent a few weeks ago, "Please feel free to answer this, ya know, just man to man, how long would YOU expect an AC system in YOUR brand new vehicle to last?" He literally answered, "Well, sir, only through the 3yr/36K mile warranty period." I laughed and asked him how he can sleep at night knowing that was his answer, then hung up. I think I saw your name on the Facebook group "I have a defective GM A/C condenser part number...", so see ya there..
Old August 6th, 2017, 9:15 AM
CF Beginner

Unhappy AC Compressor quit

I bought a 2014 Silverado 1500 WT brand new. The ac started seeming to not be quite as cold. I had it checked while getting tires replaced and found out there is a restriction in a valve in the compressor.
I got a good deal on my truck, then they took 2 hours to "wash" it before I could take it, then the guy wouldn't give me the key fob.
I took it in for a recall issue and my stereo seems different, the anti-theft seems to be disappeared too.
There is another recall and I don't trust them. I was just going to pay someone to make the repair but then I found out I had a $1000+ AC repair to schedule.
I live in South Florida so AC is kind of important.
I hate knowing Im paying on a vehicle that doesn't work.
Is there anything I can do to mitigate some of these costs?

Last edited by Michelle Balcom; August 6th, 2017 at 9:39 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old August 29th, 2017, 2:30 PM
CF Beginner

AC just went on my 2014 Silverado 1500 at 34k miles. How long does the fix last before it goes out again?
Old September 20th, 2017, 7:45 AM
CF Beginner

Default Ac problems on both trucks

We have two Silverado double cabs 2014... my wife's ac went out while under warranty but now I am out of warranty and mine just stopped blowing cold air. This is ridiculous and Chevrolet should be incurring these costs/ we spent 80k on two of their trucks and are very disappointed
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi Jacobmo,

We are here if any extra help is needed with your concern. Please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealership name if you would like for us to look further into this for you. We will be glad to help!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: 2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?