Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Injured 2017 Silverado Z71 Build Project

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2017, 6:30 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injured 2017 Silverado Z71 Build Project

Picked up a project truck. Was looking around at insurance auctions and saw this thing. 2017 Silverado Z71 with 700 miles. It was in San Diego with AZ title, thats usually a bit fishy but it seemed like a good risk to take. Seems like someone bought this new in AZ and drove to San diego and crashed it and the insurance company didnt see like it was financially smart to tow it back to AZ to try and fix it and instead just decided to salvage the truck and sell it where it crashed, thats just my guess. For insurance to see if they can repair it, first they would have to tow it back to AZ, then take it to a shop to estimate the repair and see if its worth repairing? Well anyways, seems like i got a great deal on this thing at $16,800 for a $45-50k truck, the only reason i think it didnt go for more is because of the AZ title in CA.

The goal is to repair this thing, and bring it to a driving condition, then start planning upgrade for it, such as exhaust, lift, wheels, tires, tune etc etc... Enjoy the build guys, ill try to keep it fun and interesting if i can

Old July 24th, 2017, 3:50 AM
CF Junior Member

The 2017 Silverado Z71 project arriving home, Will have a good look over at things and see how bad she really is, so far things are looking promising, so rta start and runs/rolls lol ..

Old July 28th, 2017, 6:59 AM
CF Junior Member

Taking a look at the damage a bit closer to see how bad it is and what parts ill be replacing.

Old July 28th, 2017, 7:08 AM
CF Junior Member

After a quick wash it looks a little better and can see the damage better. The suspension is less damaged than i expected, the body is still pretty bad, will be looking for black painted fender and black doors if possible to find.

Old July 28th, 2017, 7:12 AM
CF Junior Member

The upper control arm arrived and it was time to install it with my little helped guy.

Old August 2nd, 2017, 3:02 AM
CF Junior Member

Upper control arm was installed, everything was checked and double checked and shes now on the ground and ready to roll.

Old August 3rd, 2017, 7:35 AM
CF Junior Member

It was time to do a little test drive around the yard with the little baby mechanic, to make sure it rolls around fine and turns fine with no issues etc.

Old August 3rd, 2017, 7:41 AM
CF Junior Member

It was time to remove the side steps, never liked the look of them anyways. Little helped was there once again helping out.

Old August 6th, 2017, 2:42 AM
CF Junior Member

It was time to remove the headliner and those annoying blown airbags. The headliner is such a pain, maybe ill just strip the interior and remove all 4 doors and drive it like a jeep lol. AFter that was done it was time to drive to to an alignment shop and get everything checked out and adjust what needs adjusting.

Old August 9th, 2017, 5:16 AM
CF Junior Member

Baby Mechanic and I removed the front silly chrome mustache from the truck, well mostly because it was damaged, but it does in fact look like a freaken mustache and i would love to find one just all black, anyone know why some get the chrome mustang and some just get the black lip valance even tho the models seem to be identical?