Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Injured 2017 Silverado Z71 Build Project

Search this Thread

Old August 12th, 2017, 4:39 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seat Air bag arrived the other day from another silverado that was getting parted out, At the dealer side airbag is around $750 or so, this one i got a pretty good deal on it at $235, the install was fairly simple and it just plugs right in. Now gotta get the seat cover off and take it to get sowed up at an upholstery shop

Old August 17th, 2017, 3:46 AM
CF Junior Member

Seat belts have arrived, it was time to replace both sides for them to be fully functional. Have a few more parts on the way, roof bags, rear door and fender etc..

Old August 17th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Looks like it's going to be a great truck, when you are done.
You'll always treasure the priceless time you spent with
the little mechanic on this.
Old August 23rd, 2017, 6:19 PM
CF Junior Member

yes sir, hes soaking it up, i hope we continue till hes in his teens so he doesnt hate me as much as some teens hate their parents
Old August 24th, 2017, 11:35 AM
CF Junior Member

Just did the best cheapest upgrade or a downgrade if you will lol ... but anyways, found some wheels with tires on craigslist for $100 and the guy even delivered them to my house because he didnt need them. I was going to list the wheels that came with the truck anyways so i figured might as well downgrade to these cheaper wheels while im working on the truck and not putting more miles on them. I do eventually want to get 35s, just havent decided if i want 20x10 or 18x9, thats for another day

Old August 25th, 2017, 4:06 PM
CF Junior Member

time to remove the seat cover take it to get repaired. Have a buddy who does this kinda work, let's see how well he does. He said I can bring the seat he will do it for $100 or remove the seat cover myself and he will do It for $50. Never removed seat covers, time to learn something new lol

Old August 25th, 2017, 4:55 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Carol Shelby just turned over in his grave
Old August 31st, 2017, 7:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Got the Seat cover back, it turned out really good, i wish everything always went so well haha. Another update coming hopefully tomorrow or so. Really cant wait to finish this truck. Found a shop guy who will repair my bottom rail section, i just now have to find the section and take it over to him to get it done, but thats the last major thing i need to do.

Old September 8th, 2017, 10:12 PM
CF Junior Member

The black door and black fender have arrived. Took a while but found them in black in great shape. These are straight from the factory with some defects here and there, they were also painted at the factory. These are surplus panels, meaning they were never installed on the truck because of some defect, such as a ding, a scratch, or a paint run, could be anything that doesnt pass inspection. I list all most costs in the description section to keep track of all of my costs so you guys have an idea of how much im paying for things and how much total so far.

Old September 11th, 2017, 2:49 PM
CF Junior Member

Got lucky and one of my friends bought a rolled over Sierra Duramax, He bought a cab from canada that he will use so he doesnt need this one, so he let me cut off the bottom rocker panel, it awesome that its in black also. I never did this a huge chop job because so i wasnt sure how long it would take, but gotta do what i gotta do, broke a bunch of cutting blades, but i need this section for my truck so gotta get it done !!!