Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Just bought a 2015 HD2500. Nav sucks...

Search this Thread

Old August 5th, 2014, 8:11 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a 2015 HD2500. Nav sucks...

I've always had Kenwood w/Garmin GPS's inside the unit on both of my previous Silverado's and my 2007 Tahoe. This thing is so bad at figuring out routes, guessing the ETA of even an hour trip I'm assuming I need to take it back. Has anyone else used the MyLink Nav and experienced any problems?

It's a genuine embarrassment since even Google Maps gets the ETA within a couple minutes on a 4 hour trip. Mine will guess almost 2 hours over and then start self correcting as you get on the last 30 to 60 minutes. Do I have a bad Navigation unit?

Thanks...

Gary
Old August 6th, 2014, 5:25 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi guvner,

I'm sorry to hear about your navigation system. If needed, we will be happy to contact your dealer on your behalf in order to further discuss your concern. Please send us a private message referencing this thread if our assistance is needed. We hope to hear from you soon!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 6th, 2014, 6:15 PM
CF Active Member

Default I'm being told you guys know of the problem and...

It's going to be resolved on an upcoming update. No time line was given so I've no idea how long till it gets addressed.

G..
Old October 16th, 2014, 8:28 PM
CF Beginner

Default Nav sucks!

Why I paid for the NAV when it does not even come close to calculating route ETA. I have used GARMIN for 15 years and get along great. My ETA was off by 70 minutes on a 4 hour trip and kept resetting. Came home from a location 75 minutes away and the NAV said it was going to take me 1 hour and 48 minutes to arrive at my destination. When I turned on to my road I still had 11 minutes before I was to arrive and I was 2 minutes from home in reality. JUNK NAV or programed wrong???
Old October 16th, 2014, 10:16 PM
CF Active Member

Default Isn't it amazing that the nav is so bad... Nothing in the way of any updates...

I kind of doubt anything will happen anytime soon. I'll give it another month or so and then I'll spend some time lighting up the forums and review the problem wherever I get an opportunity...

G..
Old November 1st, 2014, 2:00 PM
CF Beginner

Not only is the ETA way off, I can't seem to find anything. Voice recognition is horrendous. I don't think it has ever correctly heard me; it has become a source of entertainment for my family to see what it comes up with. Keep in mind that if you're moving the voice recognition is the only way you can use it so it's kind of important. It's database is ridiculous too. I've been in the parking lot of a business that has existed for 20 years and it can't find it. Now I just use Google maps and hook my phone into the audio. What a waste of money.
Old November 2nd, 2014, 10:52 PM
CF Active Member

Default It's horrible... I got a chance to watch it embarass itself today..

Funny Chevrolet people here asked me to private message them and they've never gotten back to me.

Let me put this a little more exact.

You have a very embarrassing product. Blaming Here Drive for it won't pass muster. You should make them do what you paid them to do. I wouldn't have a programmer working for me with that little ability.

Today's gem was going on a highway they should have used on the route. (It was on their map.) As I headed north through the correct, direct, faster route, the GPS continually tried to get me to turn around until the last 3 miles of the 21 mile highway were almost up when it suddenly told me to go the next 3 miles and then refigured it's ETA to save me more time then it had originally had estimated before I went the correct way. As usual though I clicked Google maps on my cell phone and could see that it was still figuring an extra hour to get home.

Very embarrassing. Don't order the GPS from GM. I mean it. It's a joke.

Guvner..

Last edited by guvner; November 2nd, 2014 at 10:56 PM.
Old December 11th, 2014, 11:55 PM
CF Beginner

Angry I'm far from being happy!

I love my new 2015 Tahoe, but...

I've had it for about 8 months and already 12,000 miles on it. I've spent quite a bit of time looking at that crap Navigation system, but have since given up and use nothing but my phone.

Since I got the vehicle I've had nothing but issues with it. It is the slowest thing on earth. Typing a singe address takes forever, and by the time it calculates where I'm going I could have driven there!

My biggest issue is it constantly, intermittently goes black and then reboots. And depending on the trip, sometimes a dozen times before I get to my destination. It has NEVER understood a single thing I've spoken, and now to make things even worse the voice commands it gives stutter!! My NAV system STUTTERS!! Of course when it's in for service the problem never happens, and they keep giving it back to me saying "there is nothing wrong with it!"

I had paid extra for the traffic service, but the 3rd time I'm found myself stuck in a massive traffic jam and the screen was showing all GREEN (no issues), I called and cancelled the service. Every time I hit traffic, the NAV doesn't show it until I'm within a few minutes of being through it!! How stupid is that??!!

Well today was my 4th trip to the dealer for the Nav system, and just as I'm driving in front of the dealership the NAV display starts scrolling a big band of vertical black lines! I grabbed my cell phone and capture it on video, and fortunately it was still happening when the service rep came out to sign me in. He called a tech out who told me it was probably a bad display! I said yeah, a bad display that causes it to lose Bluetooth connection to my phone, and cause it to be slow, and causes it to stutter?? Really??

They opened a case with GM which solved absolutely nothing. GM had them clean the cable between the main unit and display, and if that doesn't fix it, come back for a 5th time and we will change that cable; and if that doesn't fix it come back for a 6th time and we will change the radio!! This would be great if I didn't have a life and needed something to occupy my time, but.... I'm NOT HAPPY CHEVY! CHANGE THE RADIO PLEASE!

Anyway, I am glad to see I'm not the only one complaining. I had a sneaky suspicion I would eventually find other having issue with this piece of crap NAV system. My $150 cycling Garmin works better!

Last edited by pcparlorman; December 11th, 2014 at 11:59 PM.
Old December 12th, 2014, 12:09 AM
CF Active Member

GM just redid something in my instrument cluster last week and told me it would affect the GPS performance. I doubt it. I will sure report back if anything changes this weekend as I'm heading out of town with it.

Something in the dashboard had a recall. Go make sure your recalls are up to date. I have a 2015 2500HD with the 6.0 in it.

My Garmin embarrasses the GM Gps unit also.

Good luck...

G..
Old February 16th, 2015, 7:20 AM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down Don't buy Chevy NAV

I agree – The navigation is worthless. Chevy should be embarrassed. I have a Garmin but chose to spend (much) extra $$ for the built-in Nav. The biggest irritation is the system’s inability to do simple math to calculate an ETA. I can enter a 150 mile trip between two points directly on an Interstate highway and the ETA will be off by 2 hours. The Garmin calculates exactly the same route directions (obviously), but gets the ETA correct. Not to mention the map database. I can enter 400 Main St. the system returns 1700 Main St. as the option. I have given up on the voice recognition. Both my Garmin and Iphone get it right.

Tell your friends DO NOT BUY THE NAV SYSTEM! It is waste of money.

GM should get out of the nav business and just display the output of a smart phone. They know how to do it.

Quick Reply: Just bought a 2015 HD2500. Nav sucks...