Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Nav jumps to unknown location creates directions & locks up

Search this Thread

Old September 17th, 2017, 9:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav jumps to unknown location creates directions & locks up

Currently while driving my nav will be fine then out of no where it will almost "ghost" and slide to some other place on the map and at one point create a new location destination. I can hit the nav button to re-center. But after the 3rd time the nav will lock up and the only way to fix it is to turn the truck off and open the drivers door to reset. Now t is also affecting the radio were it will scroll up and down all the stations as well. I've taken it in the my Chev dealer but it never happens for them even when they keep in for days. I've even video it on my iPhone and given then the video. but if it doesn't happen with them they won't fix it. I am extremely frustrated and my truck is under warranty and they won't fix it. This has been going on for 9 months now and gone in 3 times.
Old September 25th, 2017, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they won't fix it I'd go to another dealer. If it's under warranty they're obligated to fix it. Maybe it just needs an update? That's fixed a few peoples problems I know that have had issues
Old October 5th, 2017, 11:25 PM
CF Beginner

Had the same issue only once tho. I sprayed some cleaner on the screen and cleaned off with micro fiber and it seemed to do the trick. Grease build up I suppose. Hasn't done it since.
Old June 26th, 2018, 2:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default My link radio acting up

Did you get your problem fixed as this is what mine is doing. Will try cleaning screen but would like to know about yours
Thanks.