Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Should I bother letting a Chev dealer try to repair my leaking AC?

Search this Thread

Old July 3rd, 2017, 4:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I bother letting a Chev dealer try to repair my leaking AC?

Add my 2014 LT Silverado to the list of 2014's having a broken AC. My has reached the mileage of 39k and now has a slow AC Freon leak, just like many others. My discharge line does not have the clamp that some have mentioned should be installed for support. Has anyone with over 2 years on the warranty ever had any help from Chev because of this defective system? I've never had an AC failure on any of my vehicles and I retain vehicles beyond 10 years. With all the 2014's with AC problems and no recall from Chev, I want my AC repaired correctly by a service that stands behind their work.
Old July 6th, 2017, 11:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, in warranty, why not? So what if it goes out again in warranty... wash, rinse, repeat. After warranty, get it fixed by someone who knows.
Old July 7th, 2017, 9:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately,warranty is over, otherwise it would have gone in to dealership. This is why I don't think Chev cares that the 2014 AC's that are breaking matters. At around late 30k mileage the 2014 Silverado AC breaks. Has anyone actually had Chev do anything!