Astro 1985-2005
Chevy's first entry into the minivan class, offered in All Wheel Drive to add to its versatility.
Platform: M-Body

2001 Astro AWD : fix or sell?

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2017, 11:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Astro AWD : fix or sell?

I recently bought a 2001 Chevy Astro AWD with a minor power steering fluid leek. I replaced the windshield, got snow tires and replaced the rear breaks. I have yet to fix the leak and the service AWD light keeps flickering on and off. I also need to pass oregon emissions this month, which is proving difficult as the service engine soon light will not turn off. It has about 188,000 miles on it. Runs well with a bit of a hard start once in a while. I want to use it for camping and climbing and an occasional road trip. I'd like it to last for at least 3 years if I am going to remodel the inside to my liking. How much do you think is worth putting into it? Or should I cut my losses and sell her before investing the money and having her putter out prematurely? Opinions?

Last edited by cakeller03; April 19th, 2017 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Title change
Old April 19th, 2017, 2:42 PM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Find out the code from the check engine light first before making a decision on keeping it or not. Where is the steering fluid leaking from? Could be a hose which isn't that expensive to fix.