Astro 1985-2005
Chevy's first entry into the minivan class, offered in All Wheel Drive to add to its versatility.
Platform: M-Body

2003 Chevy Astro van 274,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2018, 7:29 AM
TSP
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Chevy Astro van 274,000 miles

after getting good and warm when I stop and try to start it's ok. If I wait about 20-30 minutes it tries to kick, but wont. Waiting around 30 minutes it will start. .Parts changed= plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, and idle air control valve. Haven't change the fuel filter.
Any help would be appreciated
Old May 17th, 2018, 11:47 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by TSP
after getting good and warm when I stop and try to start it's ok. If I wait about 20-30 minutes it tries to kick, but wont. Waiting around 30 minutes it will start. .Parts changed= plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, and idle air control valve. Haven't change the fuel filter.
Likely a fuel system problem. Fuel pump going south perhaps.If it's original, 274K is a great long life.
Old May 18th, 2018, 7:43 AM
TSP
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by TSP

Pump replaced about five years ago. Truck doesn't seem to starve for gas runs great, idles good, just when hot for 30 minutes it won't start. I think the fuel filter is the last thing I can think of
Old May 18th, 2018, 5:38 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by TSP
Pump replaced about five years ago. Truck doesn't seem to starve for gas runs great, idles good, just when hot for 30 minutes it won't start. I think the fuel filter is the last thing I can think of
Could be the fuel pressure regulator. Yeah, I'd put a new gas filter on it.
Old May 18th, 2018, 8:22 PM
TSP
CF Beginner

Default Thanks

I'll check the regulator and definitely replace the filter.
Thanks very much for you tips