Astro 1985-2005
Chevy's first entry into the minivan class, offered in All Wheel Drive to add to its versatility.
Platform: M-Body

Can't identify a sensor on engine block that is cracked and needs replacement

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2017, 8:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't identify a sensor on engine block that is cracked and needs replacement

If you are inside the van, it is on the left side of the engine block, above the spark plugs, and is blue. The harness for this sensor goes over the engine, then back down to the back by the distributor, combining with several other harnesses. I have a photo o the sensor, but I'm not sure how to post it n this forum.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 9:42 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by AstroBoy94
If you are inside the van, it is on the left side of the engine block, above the spark plugs, and is blue. The harness for this sensor goes over the engine, then back down to the back by the distributor, combining with several other harnesses. I have a photo o the sensor, but I'm not sure how to post it n this forum.
I don't know the year or the engine size of your van but, if it is like mine, a 1994 with a 4.3 V6 maybe I can help you. It could be one of 2 sensors. One is a coolant temperature sensor with 2 leads going to the connector or a knock sensor (rear) with a single wire to connector. I hope this helps.
Old January 23rd, 2018, 8:55 PM
CF Beginner

Coolant temperature sensor. Single wire. Goes up and over the valve cover.
Old January 26th, 2020, 5:08 AM
CF Beginner

There's a map sensor just under the top hose on the bulkhead, a bit difficult to get to. other sensors on the air intake tube can be cleaned with an air flow sensor cleaner spray, available on Ebay or Amazon. videos on YouTube.
Old June 24th, 2020, 8:00 AM
CF Beginner

Default MAP sensor

Located under top hose near bulkhead, bit difficult to get at, but whilst you're about it and have the hose off, I may suggest you clean the air sensor.