Astro 1985-2005
Chevy's first entry into the minivan class, offered in All Wheel Drive to add to its versatility.
Platform: M-Body

Need a Little help/overhead console wiring

Search this Thread

Old October 31st, 2012, 2:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Need a Little help/overhead console wiring

Hey All. I have a question about wiring up a overhead console. I found a good used OH console in junk yard and i am trying to install in my Astro I have 7 wires.6 of which i was able to connect into the convience center and install a temp sensor in the grill . the wires I was able to hook up are black. pink. ppl/wht. gray. drk grn. green/blk. i am left with a viloit wire. any idea where i should connect.. 2nd the display works comes on, i was able to put in calibration mode. and set to number 4, after about 20 minutes of driving around in circles and around the block it is still in calibration mode. the temp gave me a reading of 65 f, then after my little drive it now says 28 f the display comes on goes into self check when key is turned on. after about 15 seconds the temp display showes 2 dashes and the compass is still showing a C ,
I have a feeling the problem might be the violit wire but i can not find anything on what is wrong. please help me i am pulling my hair out and i dont have alot to spare..I really want to thank you all in advance for what you do on here.