Astro 1985-2005
Chevy's first entry into the minivan class, offered in All Wheel Drive to add to its versatility.
Platform: M-Body

windows wont go up

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2009, 1:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the Link Gary, that helps. I think i am just going to drill a hole through the regulator and put a bolt in just to be sure. I still got 4 to 7 days before they show up.

I will be sure to let you know how it works out.
Old April 1st, 2009, 7:31 PM
CF Beginner

Looks like it was the motors. I took the passenger motor out, took it to the bench, put 12 volts to it and compared it to the new ones. The old one would only run for about 3 seconds and slowly stop. The new one would run forever. Maybe there is some plastic gears in there that wear out, but it cannot be opened to replace them so there is no repair kit.

So i put in the new motor and greased the bottom track. Works fine, it's just real loud. Loud motor sound, no grinding, binding, or any other sound. So loud that it will scare a jumpy passenger if the driver unexpectedly presses the switch. This is with the door panel off, so it should be a little quieter with the panel on.

I am assuming the drivers door will be the same way. Easy fix. Louder than i expected, but good enough for what i need to do.

I saw some OEM GM motors that were $50 apiece. I would recommend anyone changing them out to get the GM compared to the $20 motors i got. I'm sure they would be quieter.

Thanks again Gary, and everyone else for their help. Good luck in all your repairs. Jerry.
Old December 27th, 2009, 12:51 AM
CF Beginner

Sorry to bring up anold thread but I didn't have this problem till I read this post....LOL. Does anyone have any pictures of the ground for the windows, or can tell me where to look?It doesn't always happen but when it does it takes me about 10 minutes to roll the windows up.It only seems to happen when i roll both windows down or one window down and the back up with in one minute.

Thanks for looking and thanks for helping.