Astro 1985-2005
Chevy's first entry into the minivan class, offered in All Wheel Drive to add to its versatility.
Platform: M-Body

Yr' 97 astro van RWD

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2008, 3:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yr' 97 astro van RWD

Hi,
Is there a wiring method to tap a Block Heater as I want my engine to stay warm during Cold weather asit is sitting outside in my driveway and usually takes more than 1 click to start it.
I recently changed the alternator & battery this summer. I go with syntehtic engine oil. It has about 186 ,000 Kms now.

Any idea/suggestions to keep it running during winter time.

Thanks,,,

I want to add one thing-is this vehicle do not come with a block heater, as I remember in the begining of first three years, Cooloant was leaking and Dealer told me that it was Block heater leaked and they replaced it under warranty, my question is where excatly it is located and how it looks like ( any picture of it) so I can identify it and may be there is a socket /prewire that can be brought out to the front under hood to connect it to 120V A/C Power Outlet.

Thanks,

Alka
Old October 29th, 2008, 8:08 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Yr' 97 astro van RWD

sounds like you may have a drain on the battery. check for the obvious.....interior lights, or glove box lights staying on.
as for theblock heater, you can pick one up for about $20. They can be a pain to install though. There is no wiriing for it other than running the cord to the front of the truck so you can plug it inot an a\c outlet at night