Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

AACStyle ColorSHIFT Halos Vs Led Concept ColorMorph Halos : Halo Ring Comparison

Old March 23rd, 2018, 11:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AACStyle ColorSHIFT Halos Vs Led Concept ColorMorph Halos : Halo Ring Comparison

AACStyle ColorSHIFT Halos Vs Led Concept ColorMorph Halos

AACStyle
Led Concepts

I do not work for or am in any way affiliated with either company. This is my own findings and opinions.

So, to start, the conditions here (Here being the province of Quebec, Canada) vary from VERY cold to HOT and humid (-35'c (-31'f) and colder to +35'c (95'f) and warmer).
We have snow, salt, sand, rain, freezing rain, heat, high humidity….almost all conditions here.
I have used both AACStyle and Led Concepts each for about 2 years and here are MY results.

Vehicle: 2012 Chevrolet Suburban LT.

1 to 5 (1 being hard/bad to 5 being very easy/excellent).

Installation Of Rings.
*AACStyle - 4 -IF the welded ends of the halos would be mirrored and under, I think it would have been an easier and better installation.
Led Concepts - 3 -Seemingly they use the same rings for different models (GM, Ford, Chrysler etc) which causes a slight inaccurate fit (Example: Fogs for mine are also used on Dodge. When installed, the rings sat deeper in the assembly and not on the front edge).

Wiring.
AACStyle - 4 -no connectors, all connections need to be attached and taped or use shrinktube.
*Led Concepts - 5 -has connectors to easily plug together. The only non connector is to the splitter. Here you need to attach 4 wires and tape or shrinktube.

Controller NOTE: both have various controllers to choose from.
AACStyle - 4 -controller is flaky when trying to set memory (on my model).
Led Concepts - 4 -controller needs app for smartphone for wireless control (on my model).

Look ****Both are very bright / look great.
AACStyle - 5
Led Concepts - 5

Durability
AACStyle - 1 -(Should be 0) every few months (summer and winter) leds would die…wether this was the resistors that are built into the ring or the leds, I do not know. When the last defect arose, I gave up on these and boxed them. While they have a lifetime guarantee, as far as I am concerned, it is useless if I need to replace the rings every few months.
*Led Concepts - 5 -had 1 "resistor" box die, did NOT have to disassemble the light assembly because the resistors are separate from the rings.

WINNER: Led Concepts if for no other reason than durability.

Sadly, as I already mentioned, AACStyle's lifetime guarantee/warranty is useless if you constantly need to remove, open your light assemblies and replace the rings (in my case we are looking at about 2 to 4 hrs work each time) every 3 months or so. I have asked to send everything back and get a refund, but sadly, no…exchange only.
Led Concepts has the same guarantee/warranty, BUT, and this is the important part, THEY LAST.

Would I buy from AACStyle again?… doubtful. I learned a VERY expensive lesson AND had many wasted hours removing, disassembling the light assemblies and changing rings. Now I have a full set of (some defective) AACStyle Halos just sitting around.

Hopefully this helps you make an informed decision.
Old April 24th, 2018, 7:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put Vids from Each (Youtube)....

AACStyle

LedConcepts

Search this Thread