Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

dvd player install

Old July 26th, 2007, 12:37 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dvd player install

I have a 2002 sub. Can someone tell me what component I'd have to buy If I wanted to connect a dvd player to my factory system without using a fm modulator.? I have the indash cd player with the cassette player in the lower console.Thanks
Old January 5th, 2008, 9:04 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: dvd player install

you are going to have to use the fm modulator
Old February 6th, 2008, 2:14 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

factory system has no Aux input so you will either need to buy an aftermarket deck that has aux capabilty and then you can get the wire to connect it into the back or if you stick with your factory deck fm mod is all you can do. i have a dvd into an aftermarket deck- definatley the way to go. my buddy just had an alpine deck with aux capabilty installed into his silverado for 200 bucks and the sound blows away the factory deck. seeing that a modulator will probably cost you about 70 bucks you should consider the new deck
Old February 6th, 2008, 5:20 PM
CF Senior Member

I agree with buying an aftermarket deck. If you want a good one, but dont want to spend alot of money, ive got one for you.A buddy of mine bought an indash touch screen DVD player that also controls two additional screens. I wouldnt normaly reccomend this brand, because of what they have produced in the past, but he is really happy with it, and I did some research on it, and unbiased reviewers seem to like it, check it out for yourself. Its a Jensen VM9312, heres the link to their homepage http://mobile.jensen.com/jensen/Jens...DUCT_ID=VM9312Amazon.com has it for $284.97 which is the cheapest I found, and the shipping is free!And thats not much more than you would pay for a regular cd deck with the outputs you need. An independant reviewer, zdnet, said " The bottom line: The Jensen VM9312 is a capable in-car multimedia device. For those looking to play digital audio and video on the road, this system is a good value for the money. " Just food for thought.