Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

Need Help? Let Me Know!

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2019, 12:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need help - maybe you can, maybe you can’t, but here’s my issue - I have a 2015 Chevy Tahoe with MyLink and Sirius XM. I also have an All Access Subscription that has tons of channels. Problem is my radio only tunes in channels up to 235. I called MyLink support and they told me that my radio doesn’t have Overlay X65 Software, which would allow me to get the channels over 235, so that sucks. Is there a way to update or hack or buy an aftermarket receiver to hook up behind the dash or something that would allow me to get the additional channels? I don’t really want to buy a whole new radio, but MyLink kinda sucks.
Old March 22nd, 2019, 10:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Big! I have a 2016 Sonic Hatchback and love my audio system. I always listen to Pandora when I'm driving and I probably use hands free calling every time in I'm the car (I have children, so..) anyway, sometimes my phone will auto connect by bluetooth to my car and other times I have to pull down the drawer at the top of my phone and connect it. Which I should never do while driving but sometimes I do, just saying. And sometimes even if my car and phone pair and I click on the Pandora icon that is lit up on the screen it will say the application isn't connected or whatever but you get the point. I've realized that if I've been at my house using WiFi that I have to disconnect the WiFi (even though by this point there is no WiFi to be connected to) and then it will connect. But sometimes I end up pulling off the road (like tonight) and try to figure it out. Sometimes I get it working and sometimes I don't and then I'm so angry! (I have no patience for technology not working like it's supposed to, immediately the way it should). So my whole point of this post is that tonight I needed to make a call and the bluetooth and phone connected icons were lit up at the top of my car screen but I kept getting the "Hands-free failed to connect" when I pushed the button on my steering wheel. And even when I was receiving a call it would stop the music but then start the music and not connect the the call. I have un-paired and re-paired several times. I've restarted my Android phone and then shut it down and turned it back on. I've shared a screenshot from my phone so I can explain something that is different tonight from ever before in the 2.5 years I've owned the car. NORMALLY, it will say "Call Audio", "Media Audio" and "Contacts" (something like that). The "Media Audio" will turn on which is why I can listen to Pandora but the "Call Audio" will not turn on at all. AND the "Contacts" is missing altogether. I sat in my car in the garage tonight in the dark trying to figure this out but I'm totally baffled. (I'm pretty technology literate so I figured I could figure it out.) There is a phone number I can call tomorrow that I found on the MyLink web page but I'm not patient and I want to figure it out now. Thanks for you patience!