Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-40/)
-   -   prefab subwoofer boxes for Silverado, Colorado, Avalanche (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-40/prefab-subwoofer-boxes-silverado-colorado-avalanche-13149/)

fireman526 February 5th, 2008 9:49 AM

prefab subwoofer boxes for Silverado, Colorado, Avalanche

I found a website that sells all sorts of subwoofer boxes for these trucks, some sealed, some ported, 10's, 12's, single cab, ext cab, crew cab, single woofer, dual woofer. Pretty good prices. I bought a single sealed 10" box for my ext cab silverado here. The box appears to begood quality, for a prefab box.The problem with some of these boxes is they dont allow for much room for a large magnet structure from the sub, and I dont know about about you, but I want as much power handling and bass as possible with the amount of sealed box space provided. I did a little research anda couple companies make shallow mount high watt subs for small boxes. My favorite and the one I bought, is the Rockford Fosgate Punch Stage 3 shallow mount. I got it atwww.crutchfield.com for $179.00 Its a dual 2ohm so its got wiring flexibility, and it handles 300 watts RMS. The sub needs between .4 and 1 cubic ft of space. The box has availible .65 cubic ft, so its a good match. Im excited to get it powered up. Anyways, I just thought I would share.

Pioneer also makes shallow mount subs and JL audio is supposed to release the bad mother of them all in Spring ofthis year. If you havent heard of them yet, go to JL audios website and check em out. Their called TW5, ONLY 2.5" thick and can handle between 500-600 watts RMS!! Sold only in 2 sizes 12" and 13.5", they only require .62-.75 cubic ft of space. I havent heard anything about price, but im sure you can count on these bad boys being pretty pricey.

Bought the sub at www.crutchfield.com
Bought the prefab box at www.subthump.com
Check out this JL Audio Link http://mobile.jlaudio.com/jlaudio_pages.php?page_id=213

Gman February 6th, 2008 3:07 PM

RE: prefab subwoofer boxes for Silverado, Colorado, Avalanche

fireman526
Yeah, I have a subthump box too and it rocks. I got the one that mounts under the rear seat. I have a 03' Silverado LTExt Cab and this bad boy fits perfect out of site and out of the way. The box is a down fire withtwo 10" Kicker subs and a 400.1 Kicker amp. (See picsearlier post in Silverado section) Iliked it so much I sent the owner of Subthump an e-mail with pics of the install. Heused a couple of mypics on his web-site and my truck became a star. Anyway, the stock Bose needs all the bass help it can getand now I can blow the windows out of a house just driving by. Jimmi, ZZ, Stones and Zepplin never sounded better.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3089/14B1E6709AF0489293D8AC5F4FDAE508.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3089/84BC669712B3459098388C8A61A6B14D.jpg[/IMG]

Gman February 6th, 2008 3:13 PM

Pic #3

[IMG]local://upfiles/3089/89FA4B24E88041C98D753511BAA2A9C2.jpg[/IMG]

fireman526 February 6th, 2008 4:53 PM

Thanks Gman for the pics, awesome install!!

slbarnesjr February 21st, 2008 12:19 PM

Thanks for the info. I have been looking for a good box for my 99 Silverado ext cab.[sm=happybounce.gif]

fireman526 February 21st, 2008 9:38 PM

Hey man, no problem!!

ehhget February 22nd, 2008 1:11 PM

Those are sweet!!

EvansBlue February 22nd, 2008 1:49 PM

Looks pretty nice!!! If only they made them for 88-98 extended cab models....