Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

Problem with new system install in 2013 Equinox

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2014, 9:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with new system install in 2013 Equinox

In the fall of 2013, I had my car stereo system transplanted from my 2006 Saturn VUE into a 2013 Chevy Equinox I purchased. I retained the factory head unit - a 4-channel Alpine amp powers the door speakers and separates, and a Kenwood monoblock amp powers the single 10" JL Audio sub. The only thing new in the wiring and the door speakers and separates. The amps and sub were used in the Saturn.

In the Equinox, as soon as the car is started, the sub will 'rumble' 4 times almost like it's a factory chime. It does it every time the car is started whether the factory head unit is on or off. The installer couldn't figure it out as it was the first Equinox he'd done. I've never seen this in any of my cars that have had systems in them going back almost 20 years.

I've read of others that have systems installed seemingly with no issue. I feel this isn't so much a system issue as it is unique to the vehicle. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?
Old February 13th, 2014, 9:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

post the last 8 of your vin so I can figure out what stero options the nox came with?

there are a lot of different radio configurations from factory.