Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

Ticket for uncovered Led light bar?

Search this Thread

Old July 9th, 2017, 1:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticket for uncovered Led light bar?

Hey anybody in california heard of getting a ticket for an uncovered light bar? I got pulled over in town for having a 50 inch light bar mounted to my roof and uncovered. The chp officer said it's illegal to have an uncovered light bar or round lights above the hood. he said I would have to buy a cover and take it to the chp office to get signed off. Anyone know of a good company that sales Light bar covers?

I looked on the Web and found a company called Lightbarcovers.com. Has anyone purchased a cover from them? your help is appreciated. thanks
Old July 9th, 2017, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

same law in canada...it has to be covered or not wired up so it can't function.
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:46 AM
CF Beginner

Default new cover

I went with Lightbarcovers.com, a local business here in town that does awesome work and custom fittings. Got my cover fast and the guy even took my measurements and put it on for me. I definitely recommend them. I went by the chp office and got my ticket signed off. lightbar cover looks great!

Old April 9th, 2021, 4:23 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by aaroncastillo87
Hey anybody in california heard of getting a ticket for an uncovered light bar? I got pulled over in town for having a 50 inch light bar mounted to my roof and uncovered. The chp officer said it's illegal to have an uncovered light bar or round lights above the hood. he said I would have to buy a cover and take it to the chp office to get signed off. Anyone know of a good company that sales Light bar covers?

I looked on the Web and found a company called Lightbarcovers.com. Has anyone purchased a cover from them? your help is appreciated. thanks
The covers are well made and worth the money. I have had one on my truck for 5 years and it virtually shows no signs of wear. I never try to influence someone to purchase a product, I am just giving my personal experience and the cover on my truck has done everything that I expected it to do.