Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

Upgrading my 2004 Chevy Tahoe radio.

Search this Thread

Old August 15th, 2017, 9:45 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading my 2004 Chevy Tahoe radio.

I have a 2004 Chevy Tahoe and want to add blue tooth, hands free ability. I want to keep the Bose speaker ability and steering wheel controls but do not need xm or onstar. I have been looking at crutchfield but all the radios look really small compared to the space on my dash. Any recommendations?
Old August 16th, 2017, 11:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just upgraded my radio in a 2005 Suburban with an in dash DVD player with all of the bells and whistles. You will have to buy additional modules to get the steering wheel controls to work. Mine also had the rear entertainment package, along with an added back up camera that now plays on the screen. It work great. but cost me $600 to get all the parts and radio and installation. as I did not want to attempt all of that on my own.
Old August 17th, 2017, 2:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

The radio on your dash is "double DIN". The radio at Crutchfield is
probably a single DIN mount. You will probably want to go with a double DIN,'
IME the controls are nicer. If you go with the smaller radio, you will need a spacer,
and also a Dataport Adapter, since the vehicle is post 2002.