Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

where to put subs?

Search this Thread

Old September 23rd, 2010, 8:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to put subs?

i got a 95 cheyenne ext-cab with the 60/40 split in the front and a full bench in the back.can anyone give me some ideas or pics of where u guys installed urs? i dont want a box just sitting on the seat. i have 2 12's in a box that i can use but i want a clean look..maybe build something else and use 1 or both of the 12's..anyway any ideas would be great...thanks
Old September 23rd, 2010, 8:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can buy a box made for the truck... it fits under the back seat but i believe u gotta take the jack and all that out from under your seat.. when i was into speakers and all of that they were about $100...check craigslist...or maybe ebay if they dont screw u from shipping..
Old September 23rd, 2010, 9:19 PM
CF Beginner

does anyone know howto fold up the back seat? ive tried everything but i cant get it to budge. then i could see what i have to work with. i dont seem to have hardly any room under the back for a sub..but thanks for the idea...
Old September 23rd, 2010, 9:22 PM
Super Moderator

well mines a 95...if yours is the same..there should be a handle under the driver side under the backseat..on mine u have to give it a good pull.. might be different for 96+ im not sure
Old September 23rd, 2010, 9:25 PM
CF Beginner

mines on the pass side but when i pull nothing..does the seat just fold or slide out first?...thanks
Old September 23rd, 2010, 9:26 PM
Super Moderator

yeah it will fold... you will have to push it up..mines a b!tch to do... have to use both hands most of the time..folds either way..the back goes down or the seat goes up..
Old September 23rd, 2010, 9:33 PM
CF Beginner

ok thanks i'll give it a try..do u know any links on here that might show some pics of peoples installs?
Old September 23rd, 2010, 9:37 PM
Super Moderator

im not sure if anybody on the forum has any installed on a ext cab like your doing... you might try cardomain.com and also now that i think about it..i think instead of a box..i think they make the box in your seat..so your seat is part of the box..that way it looks cleaner and it doesnt get in the way..im not 100% on that tho.. i tried doing the same setup as you are going with and i cannot remember
Old February 20th, 2012, 7:41 PM
CF Beginner

i have a 97 chevy silv ext cab and i have downfires in mine they are under the bench in the back and my amp is drilled to the rear of the cab message me and ill upload pix soon
Old March 6th, 2012, 2:54 PM
CF Active Member

try to lean the seat back with your free hand as youre pulling the lever
Originally Posted by armyvet8492
mines on the pass side but when i pull nothing..does the seat just fold or slide out first?...thanks

Quick Reply: where to put subs?