Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Avalanche (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/avalanche-18/)
-   -   engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/avalanche-18/engine-power-reduced-service-stabilitrak-service-traction-control-52807/)

treific September 29th, 2022 3:22 PM

Interesting thread! I'm having the exact same problem with my '07 Avalanche. I created a new topic "P2127 Intermittent Failure" just prior to seeing this one. I'll look into the OnStar as well as the FTP sensor. This problem absolutely sucks but I do appreciate the brainstorming!!!

Chevy2fast4u November 27th, 2022 8:01 PM

Aftermarket kit or delete it parts will eliminate the problem

Originally Posted by houston127 (Post 270720)
I received the same message, stabilitrak off, traction control off on my 2007 chevy avalanche without any warning. The engine started running really rough and would shift hard. I took it to a local gm dealership who told me it was a "lifter problem" after spending $160 in diagnostic fees. Called GM to see if they would help cover any part of the $4200 price tag to replace 4 lifters. Waited 3 days and spent more than an hour on hold over those days to hear a resounding NO. Kinda funny that GM would not fix a major engine issue with a truck that has under 100,000 miles. Funny thing is that I bought a brand new 2008 Chevy Avalanche, had it for 28,000 miles and sold it. My dad who I sold it to had the engine explode on him at 32,000 miles... Quality? I have also seen numerous posts about this same problem with the stabilitrak/traction control that was never corrected. My take on it is GM is a greedy company that doesn't care about people who buy their trucks. This is the 4th GM product I have owned and I will never own another one in my life with this kind of customer assistance. My take on it is that the newer GM products are not meant to last. Funny that I have a 1997 Toyota Corolla that I use as a gas efficient work car that has not had any problems....

aftermarket

cabe227 January 16th, 2023 7:52 AM

Service Stabilitrac, Traction Control, Engine reduced power 2011 Silverado

I am having the same problems for 2 years now. Usually when it is around 20 Degrees F. or below. Last oil change I cleaned my Air filter and Throttle body, Mass Airflow sensor and changed my plugs at 120k. Now at 143k. It is winter now and this has happened 4 times in a week. I have been pulling my battery lead just to get to work. I've had the truck it's whole life and will never buy another Chevy. Ever. Ball Joints, Control arms, wheel bearings, Shocks, Struts, Wheel Sensors, UJoints front and rear, Transfer case Seals, front axle seals, TPMS sensors have all needed replacing and I can't get a state inspection with all of the rust on the frame and in the rear wheel wells despite this thing still leaking like a pig. I had a dealership in PA replace the front axel seal with 20k miles and they didn't actually replace it as I marked the original. It has always made large 'clunk' noises when shifting into gear as well due to a badly shimmed pinion gear in the transfer case and rear end. Stop having your parts made in Mexico on a Friday please. Poor Quality Control through and through. I feel stupid for dropping 40k on a truck that the trailer light jack has never worked on either. POS is going to the junk yard. I would never pass this piece onto someone else.

jproctor March 14th, 2023 9:32 AM

Help Needed for 08 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4

Looking for answers....

My stabilitrak and traction control and check engine lights come on with reduced power and rough idling while driving my truck. When I pull over and turn vehicle off the system resets and I can continue to drive. However the issues are starting to be more frequent and at times it takes several restarts to reset the system. No codes are being generated when we hook up a scanner. truck mileage is 270,000.....I have looked at the grounds and everything seems to be attached properly.

Please help if someone as an answer or what I need to do to help resolve this issue!!

Jenny777 March 22nd, 2023 6:19 PM

Reduced power engine,service stabilitrak and service traction controll off message

I’ve been having reduced power, service traction control and stabilitrak messages coming kn while I’m driving. At first it would only do it when I would turn the truck on then I would turn it off and it would reset but now it does it more frequent and even while I’m driving. It is the most annoying and frustrating thing ever. I have a 2007 chevy suburban and at the mechanic shop they said it was the throttle body so I had it replaced. Was good for about a month then began with the beeping and messages again. Vehicle slows down and shakes and i have to pull over and turn it off for a bit. I’ve put so much $ into it i just don’t know what else to do. Can someone please help.

KillerFrostt September 24th, 2023 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by jproctor (Post 488618)
Looking for answers....

My stabilitrak and traction control and check engine lights come on with reduced power and rough idling while driving my truck. When I pull over and turn vehicle off the system resets and I can continue to drive. However the issues are starting to be more frequent and at times it takes several restarts to reset the system. No codes are being generated when we hook up a scanner. truck mileage is 270,000.....I have looked at the grounds and everything seems to be attached properly. You can read more guides at this site.

Please help if someone as an answer or what I need to do to help resolve this issue!!

Experiencing warning lights (Stabilitrak, traction control, and check engine) along with reduced power and rough idling in your high-mileage truck can be challenging to diagnose, especially if no error codes appear on a scanner. Here's a concise checklist:

Inspect Wiring: Check for loose or damaged wiring, connectors, and sensors related to stability control and engine management.
Sensor Check: Ensure all relevant sensors are in good condition and properly connected.
Battery and Charging: Verify the battery's health, charging system, and clean connections.
Vacuum Leaks: Examine vacuum lines and connections for leaks.
Throttle Body and MAF: Clean the throttle body and MAF sensor.
Software Update: Check for available software updates or reflashes.
Seek Professional Help: If issues persist, consult a mechanic with diagnostic expertise.