Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Service Stablitrac & Traction control

Search this Thread

Old January 28th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldnt be too mad..your getting a replacement engine lol.. did they say why it was only cracking the plug in cyl. 1? if the valves were destroyed im guessing it was getting too hot and it just cracked it...was u on a longer trip then useal when all this happened?
Old January 29th, 2010, 5:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Nope just normal everyday driving... They brought in an field engineer to find out why this motor was cracking plugs.. but as of now none of them can give me an answer.. However the lemon law people said they feel i have a case. Not peticularly a lemon law case, but a "breach of contract case"... Anyone ever work with lemon law firms, or a similar "breach of contract" case?

She said they do not charge for winning or loosing. but she also mentioned that if they felt i didnt have a strong case that they wouldn't have called me back for additional information... Kimmel & Silverman at 1-800 LEMON LAW

Anyone ever do this?
Old November 22nd, 2010, 10:49 AM
CF Beginner

Smile I know this is an old thread but I thought I would add my own experience

I had very similar symptoms (No cracked spark plug however) every time I hit a bump, also my locks would lock and unlock, my air conditioning would turn off (even if the light showed it was still on), the indicator for the steering column gear selector would go erratic. Found a bad ground behind the motor. Once I fixed that my problems disappeared.
Old December 12th, 2010, 9:38 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 2007 Chev. Equinox.Yesterday a message came on saying that my StabiliTrak System need servicing. I have to drive 20 miles to my Chev. dealer. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Will it harm anything to drive that distance? Also I ampicking up a 2011 Equinox LT from this dealer tomorrow. Could this be an expensive problem to repair?
Old December 22nd, 2010, 8:03 AM
CF Beginner

My 2007 Avalanche has 68,000 miles. After a dealership repair for a cracked head gasket the truck was returned to me and I immediately noticed it was idling rough.

After driving maybe 2 miles i had all the same messages on the DIC *Stabilitrack Off / Traction Control Off), hard shifting into second gear, no remote start, Service Engine.

After taking it back they also found that spark plug #1 was cracked. They cleared the codes and replaced the plugs. For now all is normal. I will monitor and report if anything new occurs.
Old July 31st, 2013, 6:28 PM
CF Beginner

Having the same problem with my 2010 Impala. Have not been able to get the problem fixed yet. Going to try again tomorrow
Old March 23rd, 2014, 1:23 AM
CF Beginner

Wink problem

Hey guys, i am a recent new owner or my first Avalanche! LOVE IT.
I have a 2008 Avalanche LT , anyways the other morning on my way to work the Check Engine light came on, with no messages. After work on my way home with the check engine light still on, the truck ding donged and said on the dash : "Traction control off" , "Stablilitrac off" , "Service traction control", "Service Stablilitrac". then on its own it reactivated it self. It has been doing this for almost 3 days with the messages and check engine light on
Old March 23rd, 2014, 2:10 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey Charly67,

I'm glad to hear that you love your Avalanche! I understand that you have a concern with your CEL. I will be glad to look further into this for you. Please send a private message with your VIN, current mileage, full contact information, and your dealership if I can be of any assistance. Thank you.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 23rd, 2014, 5:08 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Charly67
Hey guys, i am a recent new owner or my first Avalanche! LOVE IT.
I have a 2008 Avalanche LT , anyways the other morning on my way to work the Check Engine light came on, with no messages. After work on my way home with the check engine light still on, the truck ding donged and said on the dash : "Traction control off" , "Stablilitrac off" , "Service traction control", "Service Stablilitrac". then on its own it reactivated it self. It has been doing this for almost 3 days with the messages and check engine light on
Welcome to the forum...
I would check all the wheel speed sensor connections... its possible one of the connections is loose and in the cold mornings its even more intermittent...
disconnect and reconnect the connectors to ensure they are tight...
Old March 25th, 2014, 6:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default Stabilitrak Issue

I have been researching this forum and have seen numerous messages about Stabilitrak enabling and disabling intermittently, I am having the "exact same issue" I took it to the dealer after narrowly avoiding a major accident. The day I picked it up, it came on again 5 miles from taking it home from dealership, now they say both the EBCM and ECM both went bad at the same time and are now needing to be replaced. I have a Chevy Avalanche 2007 w/just over 36,000 miles on it.

The question I have is, why isn't Chevy helping to resolve these Stabilitrak issues? I called Chevy Customer Service 800-222-1020 they said there are no representatives on the forums that represent Chevy, furthermore I explained that I am fearful that my truck may decide to have Stabilitrak issues and I may not be so lucky the next time to avoid an accident. but they would contact the dealership. Umm not sure what that will do, seems Chevy has a Stabilitrak far bigger than the dealership.

Can someone from Chevy help ????? Please....

Quick Reply: Service Stablitrac & Traction control