Beretta, Corsica, & pre-1995 Lumina Among this grouping, these three cars, while being similar to each other, offered something for everyone, from a sports coupe to a roomy sedan.
Platform: L-Body

Lost our keys

Old September 19th, 2017, 10:48 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost our keys

for the past week we have been looking for our keys for our 1994 beretta and have not found the keys. we have searched absolutely everywhere in our home and have had no luck, so now im wondering if its possible to get replacement keys for an old car? and if so who would i go to so i can get new keys? our car required 3 different keys. one for the door, one for the gas tank and one for the ignition. any help is appreciated.
Old September 20th, 2017, 7:44 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

If it's a chip key, I'd suggest replace the ignition switch. You will still need to know what # the BCM is looking for, that's the resistance of the chip, there are 15 (if it is a chip key). Or, have a chip key cut from the blank that should come with the new switch. Now, put the key in, with switch on, not to start. That will be a relearn period (about 1/2 hour). The BCM should accept the change. BCM is body control module. I still drive a 96 Lumina, and have gone through this before, not quite sure on a 94.

Search this Thread