Beretta, Corsica, & pre-1995 Lumina Among this grouping, these three cars, while being similar to each other, offered something for everyone, from a sports coupe to a roomy sedan.
Platform: L-Body

No Brake Lights, Dash Lights, And Turn Signals

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2012, 1:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Brake Lights, Dash Lights, And Turn Signals

I do not have the following above. I have checked all fusses/bulbs and they are good. The flashers do work though. Are they related to the turn signal flasher or anything? I have also noticed that someone has opened the dash in the past. What do you guys recommend?
Old May 14th, 2012, 6:56 AM
CF Monarch

Received 362 Likes on 343 Posts

These things may or may not be related. You have to check everything one at a time. The brake lights could be caused by a bad brake light switch at the pedal or bad connection to the bulb at the socket. The dash lights also have a switch which over time sometimes stops working. It may take time, but check everything thoroughly.
Old May 18th, 2012, 9:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had some time to look at it today. When you try to use the right turn signal the bulb goes on for a brief moment. Is the hazzard flasher and the turn signal flasher the same? Also, there are some relays and fuses under the hood. Would they be related? If not what are they used for?

I don't think it is the bulbs/sockets. When I turn the flashers on with running lights they flash bright.

I have found out also that the air conditioning doesn't work.

I have also read else where that the turn signal switch could be the problem, is that possible?