Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Bolt EV (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/bolt-ev-112/)
-   -   Best Miles range (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/bolt-ev-112/best-miles-range-82854/)

sjoesten April 21st, 2017 8:41 PM

Best Miles range

What is the best range achievable on the Bolt EV?

saturnsc2 June 12th, 2017 6:42 PM

was curious about this myself. I wonder how they perform in the cold with the heater blasting, or in the hot with the a/c blasting. must cut down on range....

Camarobh June 25th, 2017 11:55 AM

Mine has shown 265 miles max many times.

pcegeek September 30th, 2017 11:07 AM

Range 290

I have seen 290 to 300. I haven't ever maxed it out to see if it's accurate. Interestingly, I drive a lot of highway miles and I use the L gear a lot. I bought the car a month ago and it's been pretty warm, so I'm sure it will decline in the cooler weather. I've put over 2000 miles on it so far...LOVE it!

Cycle11111 October 8th, 2017 7:30 PM

I get over 250 on the SOC midpoint all the time, but have had it show anywhere from 209miles up to 275miles

I did drive from Mountain View CA to Truckee near Tahoe and had to charge once going there after 160 miles (lots of climbing to get over the Donner Pass), but got back the entire way without charging and had 70 miles left at the end.

Eric Eaton November 2nd, 2017 12:49 PM

We did 290 twice on our way between Pittsburgh and Long Island. We did not speed, did use the AC a schmidge, and generally stayed on the highways.
I was shocked because the last time I did that trip it was in a 2013 LEAF stopping every 80 - 90 miles for a charge.
We stopped ONCE each way, and filled up overnight at our destination.

JaygoBolt December 4th, 2017 1:12 PM

Eric, Since May my Bolt indicated at full charge my average distance was 240 - 250 and the maximum distance was 275 - 299! HOWEVER, recently the average plummeted to 180. I took it in to the dealer, they said they checked everything out, and they explained that I should have the heat off when I charge. So, even though the engine wasn't on, having the heat indicator at on makes a difference. Now, I get an average charge of 190. Significantly lower than what I had been getting. The dealer speculated that the difference might be the colder temperature. Seems bogus since at the time I took it in, my unheated garage was 50 in the morning. Not terribly cold. The dealer also suggested that it was because I was just using a 110 outlet in my garage and I should have 240 instead. Again, since May until November, I was getting 240 - 250 average.

I'm interested if anyone else has experienced a drop in mileage. Also, has anyone installed the faster charge unit in their garage. Thanks, Jay

Eric Eaton December 5th, 2017 4:46 AM

Same here...

Hey Jay,
my range seems to have fallen off a cliff as well.
It now shows between 210 and 230 miles done the weather cooled down into the low 50s/high 40s.
Anyone else?
Any informed engineering types on the thread with a good explanation?
Eric
PS Anything near 200 miles is still quite impressive and useful in my book...

hichamaziz February 25th, 2018 7:52 AM

Mine has shown 300 miles max many times

JaygoBolt March 26th, 2018 2:31 PM

Winter mileage

Turns out the Bolt is NOT designed for New England weather. Apparently, a lot of energy is required to warm up the system in order for the charging to take place. The number of miles after a "full" charge dropped significantly in October and the amount of KWHs required to charge JUMPED SIGNIFICANT
LY. I cannot recommend this car to anyone who lives in a winter climate. I'm in Connecticut, so not as extreme as the rest of New England. BTW customer service doesn't care. My new slogan is that "The Bolt represents the Chevy of the future, and their customer service represents the Chevy of the past".

Originally Posted by Eric Eaton (Post 348687)
Hey Jay,
my range seems to have fallen off a cliff as well.
It now shows between 210 and 230 miles done the weather cooled down into the low 50s/high 40s.
Anyone else?
Any informed engineering types on the thread with a good explanation?
Eric
PS Anything near 200 miles is still quite impressive and useful in my book...