Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Canada, Overseas (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/canada-overseas-97/)
-   -   Worst customer service ever! (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/canada-overseas-97/worst-customer-service-ever-82686/)

Dolores Nikolica April 13th, 2017 4:49 PM

Worst customer service ever!

I am absolutely in shock with the lack of customer service I have recieved at the Chevy dealership service departments. I purchased a 2017 Chevy volt in Nov 2016. I had previously owned 4 different Mitsubishi's. I seem to buy a new car every 3 years. Firstly, the volt is 42,000 dollars in Ontario. When I picked up my car the batter was dead. No charge at all. Nothing more upsetting than buying a brand new EV hybrid and not have any battery life. I purchased winter tires with the vehicle and living in southern Ontario winter comes quick and needed them installed right away. I left the car at the dealership all day, specifically asked them to charge it this time. They didn't. Btw, they have a few chargers at the dealership. Now it's spring, I figure I'm done with the dealership I bought it from and took it to another for my swap out. No key to the lock nuts. Dealer I purchased from never returned it. They needed to keep my car for the night and gave me a Cadillac to take to work. Just picked up my car. Turns out one dealer is no better than the other. I was charged $47 plus tax for new wheel locks $47 plus tax to have the nuts taken off. $130 for the tire swap. Total bill for tire change labour and new nuts is $243. Ridiculous. I was charge to remove wheel nuts twice, and at an outlandish rate. I am distraught at the lack of respect and care for customers. I miss Mitsubishi. I never had a problem there, they backed thier customers. A car never went through the Mitsubishi service center without being washed either, no matter how small the job. I took in my lancer once just to have a code read, it was free and they washed the car too. I'll never buy another Chevy again. No matter how much I love my volt, I'm done. Next car will be anything but a GM vehicle. I've never been more disappointed in my life.

tech2 April 13th, 2017 11:05 PM

-if they don't have a key to remove the wheel locks, it takes extra time to remove the locks.
-they bought a new wheel lock set to replace the one that was destroyed removing with no key. Should they let you leave with each wheel missing a lug nut?
-then you were charged to swap/rotate tires or mount and balance winter tires on new rims??

each is a different operation
-remove locks...you were charged 0.3hrs or 18 minutes...not outlandish
-buy new locks typically cost $50
-you did not mention if the tire were on rims or had to be mounted and balanced. If the tires have to be demounted and winter tires mounted, balanced and installed with new tpm?....one hour is typical.

so if the door rate is $135/hr x 1.3hrs= $175
labour $175 + $50 parts + 13%Hst= $254

if this is the case. you were not cheated. this is typical cost for the operation if it were done at any shop.

the real shock is yet to come...when you trade in your ev...if your lucky its a lease and you can return it...never buy a ev...trade in value $0....any brand.

Dolores Nikolica April 14th, 2017 11:09 AM

Actually, they had a key. They even returned the old wheel locks to me. No damage done to them. Thier in great condition. I was totally prepared to pay $130 for the wheel swap. I'm fine with having to buy a new set of locks. I'm not happy being charged the fifty bucks of extra labour when they had a key for them, And I'm not happy they didn't return the key to begin with. I commute an hour to work on the busiest highway in Canada. Luckily I hadn't had a problem with the tires, causing me to be on the side off the 401 waiting for a tow truck. I understand labour rates quite well, by trade I'm a master electrician. I know a lot about cars. The extra labour cost is criminal. Not worried about a trade I'll keep the volt. I'll just never bring it to a dealer service center ever again.

tech2 April 14th, 2017 2:56 PM

don't profess to know a lot about cars being an electrician. I have had to correct electricians work when they wired aftermarket items into there work vans... they don't know much about automotive electronics or automotive wiring. These electrical experts connected trailer wiring into the automotive lighting system that was powered by the bcm...used house hold wire nuts to connect everything. the xs draw shut down the bcm. red seal certified electricians.

you just said one dealer lost the wheel lock and a separate dealer changed your tires. So the second dealer did not have a wheel lock for it. Your issue is with the first dealer who did not return your wheel lock. Wheel lock master sets are $1300 so not all dealers have them.

Note to all people with wheel locks...set it in the cup holder for the tech and they will return it to the same spot. When you leave, you can see its returned...otherwise the tech will have rifle through the glovebox, center console, door pockets, ashtray, truck, spare tire storage compartment, under the hood for some people, to find it.

You bought an ev. no one but the dealer is trained to work on it as far as the high voltage system. but i suppose you already new that. good luck at jiffy lube.

Dolores Nikolica April 14th, 2017 4:03 PM

I learned about cars by working on them with my mechanic father since I was a small child. I'm not some Romex Jockey residential electrician. I specialize in industrial motors and generators and work in a power plant. I know how car electronics work. Someone must have pissed in your cornflakes this morning. The dealers here must have mechanics like yourself, always right and **** everyone else. I've never been to jiffy lube, plenty of manufacturers have a plug in hybrid that can work on mine so not to void my warranty. If you just wanted to be a belittling asshole I suggest you take it elsewhere and have yourself a good day. In the end, bad customer service is bad customer service. A mouthy prick of a mechanic won't change that.

tech2 April 14th, 2017 7:04 PM

I see through bs.

you think you know how they work but if you were on the shop floor;you would be lost. Your dad would be lost on modern vehicles.
Can you even name 4 of the communication protocols gm has used in their vehicles?

No other manufacturer has the equipment or service information to do any hybrid service on your gm. Even if they could...your telling me someone pissed about a $50 fee is going to do customer pay for work that is covered under warranty. Just wait to you find out the price of the parts for an ev.

Sounds to me like your an entitled, overpaid underworked typical ontario hydro employee. I know a master electrician who works for hydro...he knows his job and is very smart..doesn't know f about automotive.
provide the answer to one thread on this forum!

first your story was you were mad at a $250 bill but when you read through the bs...its $50. Sound about right?

V12TT April 15th, 2017 7:57 AM

I never owned Missubishi as I think there are better brands. If you need a best brand then I would highly recommend Mercedes. When you drop off your car, you get a chance to test drive other Mercedes models.
I get free car wash, free donuts and free coffee whenever I want. It's like $5 carwash so no biggie. They chase you down and make sure you are happy after any visit.
I dropped off my sister Sienna for service but I didn't get a Lexus as a loaner. They offered a Yaris so I refused. I think it was nice that you got a Cadillac.
Don't understand why you went to the dealership for tire needs. Don't you have specialty tire shops in Canada?
By the way, the labor rate for Cadillac is $105, Toyota $150, Mercedes $155 in my hood.

Gravydog316 April 16th, 2017 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by tech2
-if they don't have a key to remove the wheel locks, it takes extra time to remove the locks.
-they bought a new wheel lock set to replace the one that was destroyed removing with no key. Should they let you leave with each wheel missing a lug nut?
-then you were charged to swap/rotate tires or mount and balance winter tires on new rims??

each is a different operation
-remove locks...you were charged 0.3hrs or 18 minutes...not outlandish
-buy new locks typically cost $50
-you did not mention if the tire were on rims or had to be mounted and balanced. If the tires have to be demounted and winter tires mounted, balanced and installed with new tpm?....one hour is typical.

so if the door rate is $135/hr x 1.3hrs= $175
labour $175 + $50 parts + 13%Hst= $254

if this is the case. you were not cheated. this is typical cost for the operation if it were done at any shop.

the real shock is yet to come...when you trade in your ev...if your lucky its a lease and you can return it...never buy a ev...trade in value $0....any brand.

wait... how is labour $135 & $175/hour (???!!!)
it's $30/hour where my brother is a mechanic!

tech2 April 16th, 2017 3:24 PM

30/hr is what your brother is paid by the shop. the shop door rate of $135/hr is what the shop is paid by the customer. legally, the shop door rate must be posted in the service department for the customer to see in any shop in Canada.

If the shop door rate was $30/hr, your brother would be making $10/hr

The rate can vary depending on where you live...most big cities it can be $150/hr for a dealership but $80/hr for a small independant shop in a small town.

if 1 hour = $135 then 1.3hours x 135hr = $175 labour charge

Gravydog316 April 16th, 2017 4:26 PM

Originally Posted by tech2
30/hr is what your brother is paid by the shop. the shop door rate of $135/hr is what the shop is paid by the customer. legally, the shop door rate must be posted in the service department for the customer to see in any shop in Canada.

If the shop door rate was $30/hr, your brother would be making $10/hr

The rate can vary depending on where you live...most big cities it can be $150/hr for a dealership but $80/hr for a small independant shop in a small town.

if 1 hour = $135 then 1.3hours x 135hr = $175 labour charge

Maybe a dealership charges more, but $150?!
$175/ hour for labour???
umm no. are you crazy?!
my brothers shop rate is $30/hour;