Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

Caprice - Rear Park Assist Sensor Not Working - No Error Code

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2017, 10:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caprice - Rear Park Assist Sensor Not Working - No Error Code

Hello,

The park assist on my caprice 2007 has stopped working. The rear park assist system engages when I put the car in reverse gear and the LCD display shows the distance (RAG lights) with beeping sensor . However I have noticed for past few days or so it has stopped working, I am not able to pinpoint the reason why and how to fix it.

1. I got some repair service done to my engine timing belt for which engine block head cover was opened, but I doubt anything over there would have disturbed the park assist, is it so. ?

2. Along with park assist, I noticed that my rear brake lights are not glowing high beam red when pressing the pedal and stay lit at normal intensity. I got it checked with a local electrician and he concluded that brake pedal sensor has gone bad and needs to be replaced. Could this be somehow linked with the park assist system.

I am not receiving any orange check engine light on my dashboard. I have the bluetooth OBD II adapter which I am using with Android (Torque app), however a scanning shows no error codes in the buffer, I am not sure even if brake pedal or park assist systems malfunctions, would it throw an error code or not.

As of now clueless as how to get it fixed.

Thanks for your patience to appreciate any possible guidance for the solution.