Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

04 Ticking Noise

Search this Thread

Old November 5th, 2010, 2:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Ticking Noise

My 04 cav randomly started making this ticking noise this morning. Its a steady loud tick that sounds as if its from the passenger side dashboard. Changing speeds or turning the ac on/off does nothing to the noise.

anybody else have this issue?
Old November 8th, 2010, 2:04 AM
CF Beginner

if its a slow tick it might be a relay turning on and off due to a bad connection. there are multiple relays and wires hidden under the entire dash panel. if you want to figure it out yourself i sugest getting a repair manual from a auto parts store specificly for your car. but i highly recomend you dont do it yourself unless you have electrical knowlege because you can get serious electricuted if you touch the wrong thing. you do not have to take it to a mechanic if you know someone who has any kind of electrical and mechanical knowlege and knows what they are doing.
this is only to help not a 100% diagnosis for liability reason i sugest not touching an automobiles electrical system. automotive electrical system have high ampreage and is very dangreous to work on personal and vehical damage is high and posibly death.
Old November 9th, 2010, 2:41 PM
CF Beginner

thanks for your input mike! im pretty sure its my blend door accutator (s/p?) since i can control the noise by changing my air controls.