Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Cavalier (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/cavalier-12/)
-   -   1988 Chevy Z24 Cavalier for sale (35K orig, No Winters, 5 spd) (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/cavalier-12/1988-chevy-z24-cavalier-sale-35k-orig-no-winters-5-spd-59430/)

shredmaster July 19th, 2013 7:32 AM

1988 Chevy Z24 Cavalier for sale (35K orig, No Winters, 5 spd)

Collector quality and near factory stock with only 2 adult owners. I am posting this for my dad who is in his 60s and has owned the car since 1996. It was a hobby car for him but doesn't have time for it anymore. It has only 35,000 original miles on it. Car has been stored properly in garage to prevent rust and not run for a bit as my dad left the engine partially disassembled last time he worked with it as he was trying to locate a vacuum leak and then wanted to see how the engine was put together. The portions of the engine that need to be reassembled are the throttle body, power steering pump, coolant line to throttle body, battery, EGR valve, plug wires. Since the vehicle has sat for several years, fuel tank would need to be flushed. Car looks almost new inside and out with original paint and no rust on body or underneath. Car sits in his garage on a rug on top of a plastic sheet to block moisture from the concrete.

Description:

Bright red with gray cloth interior
2.8 liter V6
5 SPD manual transmission
Digital dash
Factory stereo with cassette
Factory sunroof
Eagle GT tires
Original shop manual
Original dealer brochure
Alarm system (installed by first owner)
Service records

No photos as car is packed in garage and surrounded by all kinds of junk and as mentioned needs engine partially put back together, but if there is interest I can take some. For the right person this car would be an amazing time capsule or show car in near new condition.

As I said it is my dad's car, who is in his 60s, so if interested let me know and I will put you in touch and he can tell you more as a former gm employee he knows more about this than I would and you can see what he is looking to get for it moneywise.

edsjas August 30th, 2013 12:55 PM

Available?

Is this car still available? What color is it? Where is is?

shredmaster September 1st, 2013 12:20 PM

'88 z24

car is still available. it is red and located in webster, ny (outside of rochester, ny)

edsjas September 3rd, 2013 2:40 PM

Interested

I am interested. Can you send pics to edsalljason@gamil.com? What price were you thinking? Do you still have the parts for the engine? Thanks. Jason

shredmaster September 5th, 2013 4:19 PM

email bounced

your email bounced back. no photos possible now as car is buried in garage - surrounded by all kinds of junk.

you are welcome to come see it though.

csaller22 December 14th, 2013 12:57 AM

Is this car still for sale?

shredmaster February 14th, 2014 11:12 AM

car is still available. probably the lowest original mile and best condition one in the country.

DCavalier89 August 2nd, 2014 11:00 PM

are you willing to sell parts? I need a small trim part for my 89 rs sedan that the z24s happen to possess. please let me know if you are interested

jwolowicz88 August 25th, 2014 1:41 PM

Is this car still available? If so how much? I live in Ma and i am very interested!

Duggy September 2nd, 2014 3:25 PM

Hey sell me this car

Please send me pics I will buy right now cash in hand. Send to andrewrenos@gmail.com