Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

1992 Cavalier Questions

Search this Thread

Old December 26th, 2004, 2:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 Cavalier Questions

hey its my first post and im excpecting to get flamed on hardcore but here it goes. im part of a set up a set of beater races between a bunch of friends and i, the car cant cost over 1000 bucks and no mod to the car can cost more than 100 bucks. we are going to the track come spring to see who can pull the best beater time. i picked up a 1992 cavalier w/216K on it dead on the side of the road, i threw in an ignition control module and it runs like a champ now. its sporting the all mighty 2.2L. i have an extra t-25 turbo laying around from my 2g DSM and am planning on welding it to the manifold. remember completely hacking things is perfectly fine. my questions are the following: where to run water feed/return lines from/to? where to run the oil feed line from? im just going to pull the pan and drill a hole and make an oil return line for that. next question: how big are my injectors and how much are they rated at? fuel pump? im not too sure what i am going to do on boost control, i have an extra MBC laying around that i figure i could go from intake to wastegate acutator and set it at something relatively low. im not planning on using an intercooler, this is strictly a low budget peice of sh*t car for one day of racing pretty much. no need to waste money on that . any ideas/comments/critcisms/people who have turbod their car are greatly appreciated. well let the flaming begin.

thanks

eric
Old March 18th, 2005, 2:23 PM
CF Beginner

Default 1992 Cavalier Questions

i have a 95 cavalier, i need a new control module too, where is it located?... thanks for the info..
Old December 22nd, 2005, 12:42 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 1992 Cavalier Questions

WHAT THE HELL MAN IF YOU WANT TO JUST HAVE A ONE DAY RACE WITH UR PIECE OF **** THEN DONT WASTE A GOOD TURBO AND MOSTLY UR DAMN TIME. IF I WERE U I WOULD BUY A USED NITROUS KIT MAYBE A 150 OR 200 BUCK EASY HOOK UP JUST DRILL YOUR INTAKE AND WIRE UR ARMED SWITCH AND UUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRR DONE THEN WHEN UR ALL DONE TAKE IT OUT AND SELL IT TO ANOTHER GUY FOR A COUPLE HUNDRED OR USE IT IN ANOTHER CAR ITS CHEAP AND ALL THE POWER UR GONNA GET OUT OF ANY PIECE OF **** 200K CAR.SO HAVE FUN WITH UR BEATER MY MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!