Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Cavalier (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/cavalier-12/)
-   -   What kind of forum is this?? (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/cavalier-12/what-kind-forum-62003/)

UmmScott November 28th, 2013 8:29 AM

What kind of forum is this??

seriously...so many threads. each thread has a ton of views, but NO one replies to about half of them??

Whats the point of having a forum if no one will share their advice with one another?

Segfault November 30th, 2013 3:33 PM

You can always reply to your own thread after you find the solution. Have done it myself once or twice. Will help folks who come here looking for information.

tech2 November 30th, 2013 4:14 PM

at last..someone replied!

dwsmith43 December 20th, 2013 2:13 PM

I feel ya. My brake problem is driving me nuts.

Regal December 26th, 2013 7:42 PM

This page alone has nearly 9000 views and only 57 replies.
Not a very good average.
I am not a professional in the automotive business, so I admit that I haven't been able to answer questions either.
However, I thought that is what this forum was boasting.
NOT seeing it.

in2pro December 26th, 2013 8:04 PM

Its a cooperative, not everyone on here is a professional, or has the answer to all the questions... but keep in mind the most important part... its free... and has lots of helpful information just not all the helpful information...

The forum depends on its members to report back on what DID and DID NOT work...most just come looking for answers and never bother to report back once they have it fixed...

We can get professionals to sign up and answer questions if we pay them, but that will mean turning this free site into a paid one...

What are you willing to pay monthly to sign up to this site for professional help?

sledge.impy December 26th, 2013 9:27 PM

Originally Posted by in2pro (Post 264368)
Its a cooperative, not everyone on here is a professional, or has the answer to all the questions... but keep in mind the most important part... its free... and has lots of helpful information just not all the helpful information...

The forum depends on its members to report back on what DID and DID NOT work...most just come looking for answers and never bother to report back once they have it fixed...

We can get professionals to sign up and answer questions if we pay them, but that will mean turning this free site into a paid one...

What are you willing to pay monthly to sign up to this site for professional help?

True that. A lot of people probably end up here on Google searches for problems and looking for answers.

tech2 December 26th, 2013 11:08 PM

yep, people find a way to complain about pretty much everything.

Regal December 28th, 2013 5:06 PM

Ooops----Didn't intend that to come off as a slam.
Was just adding to OP's comment.
Should have kept it to myself.
I am however, pulling my hair out over this converter lock up issue.
See my post in this forum.

tech2 December 28th, 2013 6:21 PM

no one replied regal due to the complex nature of the problem your are trying to fix.