Notices
Classic Trucks (Prior to 1987) Section for all discussion related to the Classic Chevrolet and GMC trucks prior to 1987.

1978 Chevy C20 Rewire Advice

Old November 1st, 2017, 11:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1978 Chevy C20 Rewire Advice

Hello!

I am super new here, so nice to meet you. I have a 78 C20 truck I am looking to rewire. Has anyone else done a rewire before using a rewire harness kit? I am looking at an American Autowire kit (link below) as that appears to be labelled very well, etc... I am ok to do wiring on my own but have never done a vehicle. Also, would you scope this as a couple day project - dedicating full days?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...iABEgIGtPD_BwE

Thanks in advance!
Dustin
Old November 1st, 2017, 3:17 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Not done one, but was looking into a wiring harness for my Olds. That being from summit, looks good. The price also doesn't seem bad either.
Old November 26th, 2017, 7:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Kevin,

Sorry for my late response! Yes, I scoped out some good ones on Summit and also really like the one from American Autowire. My buddy is opening up a new auto shop here in town and I was thinking about having him do it but buy the kit myself. He made a good point - the better the kit (labels, etc...) typically the less time a mechanic / tech will need to spend on the rewire. I would like to rewire the truck myself but I unfortunately am in between having a garage / workspace for the time being. Let me know if you do your rewire!

Dustin

Search this Thread