Notices
Classic Trucks (Prior to 1987) Section for all discussion related to the Classic Chevrolet and GMC trucks prior to 1987.

1986 Chevy K10 Question on rear emergency brake cable holder? or bracket?

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2018, 3:09 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 1986 Chevy K10 Question on rear emergency brake cable holder? or bracket?

I have a quick question, help if you can please. The Rear Em Brake cable that crosses from the driver side to the passenger side is held in place to some degree by a flat metal bracket that is actually held on via a bolt in the rear differential cover. One end is bolted into the Differential and the other end I believe holds the actually E-brake cable. I seem to be missing some parts and my E-brake cable is not attached to the bracket by a fastener of any kind, nut, bolt, etc. etc....

If any of you have any photos of your version of this with fasteners, nuts bolts, whatever, please share....not sure why mine is missing, but never the less, I was unable to determine what parts I am missing via LMC online or other means. Mine is attached properly I believe on the bracket to differential side, but the cable itself is not fastened in any way to the bracket, which I believe is incorrect.

The cable was loose and not attached and I had to place the cable in the bracket channel as you can see from the photos, but without it being bolted to the bracket somehow, the cable wont remain attached to the bracket in that channel.....again, not sure what parts I am missing, a nut and bolt for sure, but is there another piece not one the cable end of the bracket....?

See photos...

thanks in advance for your help.
Attached Thumbnails 1986 Chevy K10 Question on rear emergency brake cable holder? or bracket?-ebrake-bracket-missing-fasteners-4.jpg   1986 Chevy K10 Question on rear emergency brake cable holder? or bracket?-ebrake-bracket-missing-fasteners-3.jpg   1986 Chevy K10 Question on rear emergency brake cable holder? or bracket?-ebrake-bracket-missing-fasteners-2.jpg   1986 Chevy K10 Question on rear emergency brake cable holder? or bracket?-ebrake-bracket-missing-fasteners-1.jpg