Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Help wiring some interior neons!!

Search this Thread

Old April 16th, 2008, 8:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help wiring some interior neons!!

Ok i have an 06 cobalt LS coupe. I have some interior neons that just came in the mail today, i was looking under the dash for a place to get through the firewall and have yet to find any. I saw 2 yellow looking plugs that look like they might be to add wiring through your firewall, i pulled on these plugs but nothing happened, they did not budge.One is down near your brakes and the other is more up and under the dash.Like i said, i think they might be plugs for extra wiring, if anyone could checkon there cobalt for those and get back to me that would be a great help! Also, the inside fuse box on the passengers side has a covering over it, how do i remove this panel to get to the fuses incase i wanted to wire it to a fuse?
Old April 16th, 2008, 9:54 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Help wiring some interior neons!!

DO NOT hook anything up to the yellow connectors!!! They are airbag wires.
If you are looking for battery voltage, there is a big red\black wire at the BCM in a red connector i believe. The BCM is part of the fuse panel on the passenger side that you are trying to access. The cover is just clipped on. pull the bottom corners, then work your way around it. You may want to use a pry bar to pry directly on the clips.
Old April 16th, 2008, 10:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well if i did want to get through that firewall, how would you suppose i get through it? I checked and i dont see any spare holes. should i just drill a hole in the firewall? or do cobalts have some spare holes in the firewall?
Old April 17th, 2008, 3:47 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

When I need to get through the firewall, I usually drill a hole on the passener side, about an inch below the carpet where the angle changes a bit. Just be carefull of whats on the other side, there is a brake line there.
I haven't checked out the options for the drivers side, when i work on these, its always on the passenger side. might be worth a look though