Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Cobalt (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/cobalt-32/)
-   -   Reduced Engine Power?? and car shuts down (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/cobalt-32/reduced-engine-power-car-shuts-down-68696/)

ashley1985 October 23rd, 2014 6:19 AM

Reduced Engine Power?? and car shuts down

For the last month or so, our 2006 Cobalt has done this several times. It will say Reduced Engine Power and then the RPM is very low and will shut down. My husband is driving this vehicle, luckily we haven't had our children in the car when this happens! I'm very concerned if this will be another recall that GM takes 10 years to acknowledge after several people get hurt, or lose their lives. I have seen many posts from other Chevy drivers who are experiencing the same trouble with their models. Has anyone experienced this with their Cobalt? I've also been waiting for months for our Dealer (Munday Chevrolet in Houston, Tx) to "receive parts" to fix the ignition switch recall that was released several months ago. I will call them about it again today.

Chevrolet Customer Service October 23rd, 2014 1:18 PM

We understand your concerns, ashley1985. Please know the safety of you and your family is of utmost importance to us and we're truly sorry to learn of this experience. If you need us to reach out to the dealership on your behalf, we'd be more than happy to do so. Just PM us your VIN and contact information if interested.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

sarah52292 December 13th, 2014 12:02 AM

also have the same problem w/ reduced engine power

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service (Post 287500)
We understand your concerns, ashley1985. Please know the safety of you and your family is of utmost importance to us and we're truly sorry to learn of this experience. If you need us to reach out to the dealership on your behalf, we'd be more than happy to do so. Just PM us your VIN and contact information if interested.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

I had this same thing happen to me earlier tonight, I was on the expressway when this happened it was very scary. Is there something you can do to help me as well ?
Thanks- sarah52292

Chris TheBeanr Fuentes September 3rd, 2015 1:46 AM

I also have an 06 cobalt and have been having the same problem. It's a regular occurrence for me now, fortunately I don't have to drive in the highway very often. I've changed the throttle and the O2 sensors with no luck yet.

Doreen Marian Orange Hostetter December 4th, 2019 1:06 AM

Traction control and shut down

I bought my impala used. I'm sure they were just passing off the death trap that I had no idea had such a problem. Apparently Chevy has this problem with many of their cars and it's ok as far as they are concerned. When I buy a car I would rather not play "would you rather blow up or accelerate like a missile."I will not ever own a Chevy again.

mountainmanjoe December 4th, 2019 8:12 AM

That's your choice. So do you need help with anything or you just signed up to bless us with your moaning?