Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Service Traction, Engine Power Reduced

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2019, 7:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Service Traction, Engine Power Reduced

I was just around the corner from my work this morning and my service engine light came on and my dash was saying service traction, engine power reduced and my car was going fairly slow. I parked and turned my car off for a few minutes and then turned it back on and went around my building a few times and the engine light is still on but the message has not come back yet. (I am sure it will when I go home tonight though). What is causing this? Is this an expensive fix? Can I still drive my car to at least get it to the mechanic. I have to travel about 25-30 km from my work to my mechanics. Can someone give me some input on this please. I have read that people are stating it could be a warranty issue but my cobalt is a 2010 and not sure if that would still be covered or if it is a recall issue. PLEASE HELP. Thank you