Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

Prices for: 2018 Chevy Colorado 4WD LT crew/short black/black, or Redline Edition

Search this Thread

Old February 23rd, 2018, 5:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prices for: 2018 Chevy Colorado 4WD LT crew/short black/black, or Redline Edition

Hi, new member here. I'm looking to buy or lease my first pickup.

Originally I wanted to lease, but after seeing how cruddy the deals are, and what a waste of money it is, I'm back to wanting to buy.

Currently, I'm strongly leaning toward the 2018 Chevy Colorado 4WD LT, crew cab, short bed, black exterior/interior.

A local dealer has the following deals. They offer $7000 in potential rebates, which I've found I'll only qualify for half of. (I'm not trading in anything.)

I went in to this dealer twice, talking to 2 different salespeople, and they tried all the usual Jedi Mind tricks. I myself was fairly unprepared, and didn't know all the tricks and tactics - but I knew they weren't being honest with some things. Plus, I had no intention on signing anything that day, so I was able to just be cool, and take the sheet with all the numbers they gave me, and go home to do more research.

I've been reading and reading, and it's all pretty overwhelming. Honestly, I hate the process. I hate haggling and negotiating and all that. (Wouldn't it be great if dealers could be completely cut out of the process and you could buy directly from the manufacturer? Or, say, pick out your truck on Amazon and know you're getting a pretty rock bottom price...)

This page had lots of great advice: negotiationdynamics.com/new-car. And at this point, all I really want to know from you all is:

What do you think a fair price is for the following configurations? What's the absolute most you would pay? And would you accept anything less than the full $7000 off the MSRP even if you're not trading in anything?

While I'm at it: what's a fair ballpark figure for tax/title/regisration/doc fees? (I'm in Massachusetts, if that makes a difference.)

Thank you very much!

1. a "regular" LT exactly as described above: MSRP: $36,320, Sale Price: $29,320

Destination Charge $995.00
Installed Options

LT Convenience Package $750.00
Differential, automatic locking rear $325.00
Trailering Package, heavy-duty $250.00

Total Options $1,325.00MSRP* $36,320.00
and

2. a Redline Edition of the same LT: MSRP: $40,015, Sale Price: $33,015

Destination Charge $995.00
Installed Options

Audio System, Chevrolet MyLink Radio with Navigation and 8" diagonal color touch-screen, AM/FM stereo $495.00
Redline Special Edition $2,725.00
LT Convenience Package $750.00
Differential, automatic locking rear $325.00
Trailering Package, heavy-duty $250.00
Audio system feature, Bose premium 7-speaker system $500.00

Total Options $5,045.00MSRP* $40,015.00
Old February 24th, 2018, 8:07 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Take the quotes to a different dealer and see if they can beat the price. I have done that on several occasions and was able to get a better deal.