Computer, Ignition, & Fuel Systems Talk about the control module, ignition system, fuel system and delivery, customization and more.

VATS/PASSKEY BYPASS HELP 98 K2500

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2007, 9:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VATS/PASSKEY BYPASS HELP 98 K2500

Your bypass post was extremely detailed, but my circumstances are quite a bit different... AND I'M AT AN IMPASS !

I recently purchased a 1998 Suburban K2500 at an insurance auction for the specific reason of towing my race car to-and-from the track. The Suburban had been stolen and then recovered and had an aftermarket security system / remote start, etc. but when it was recovered, the ignition lock had been destroyed, the wiring under the dash and the aftermarket security system had been ripped-up, and the key is not even one with a pellet...

Fully aware of this damage before I bid on the car, I used a pair of wires to jump the leads of the starter relay located in the power distribution box under the hood... The car fired-up and ran briefly until, what I assume was the fuel cut-out at the injectors caused by the VATS. Needless to say, I won the bid and had to have the car towed to my house, where it currently sits...

I have already removed the dash, cluster, etc. to try to get the thing to fire-up and it repeatedly dies after a few seconds... bare in mind the only way I can get it to turn over is by jumping the starter relay leads...

Since the dash is already removed and the lock is destroyed, Is there any way I can completely bypass the VATS / PASSLOCK without having the fuel cut-out, so I can at least drive the beast to a shop and work on it properly... Or, at very least, get it off the street...