Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Cruze (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/cruze-88/)
-   -   2016 cruze Lt window problem (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/cruze-88/2016-cruze-lt-window-problem-109320/)

265mercman April 30th, 2022 8:18 PM

2016 cruze Lt window problem

2016 chevy cruze Lt. Window regulator broke on drivers side.. I replaced it with the same exspress up and express down .. programmed it and works fine up and down with exspress.. but now even though I didn't touch the door lock mechanism it sys door is open.. but if I open then close passenger door it says it closed.. or rolling window up or down makes door show its open.. so to be able to make interior lights go off I have to shut door then go open then close passenger door.. everything worked perfect befor the regulator install and didn't touch the harness except unplug and plug back inn.. checked all wires 5 times nothing pinched or touching window.. and display always shows roll window down then up constantly constantly u roll it up or down .. any suggestions?

oilcanhenry April 30th, 2022 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by 265mercman (Post 478368)
2016 chevy cruze Lt. Window regulator broke on drivers side.. I replaced it with the same exspress up and express down .. programmed it and works fine up and down with exspress.. but now even though I didn't touch the door lock mechanism it sys door is open.. but if I open then close passenger door it says it closed.. or rolling window up or down makes door show its open.. so to be able to make interior lights go off I have to shut door then go open then close passenger door.. everything worked perfect befor the regulator install and didn't touch the harness except unplug and plug back inn.. checked all wires 5 times nothing pinched or touching window.. and display always shows roll window down then up constantly constantly u roll it up or down .. any suggestions?

If you can get your hands on an OBD II unit wth body sensor codes, it might help. Other than that, disconnect the battery, and see if that helps

265mercman May 1st, 2022 9:30 AM

Yea I resent the battery left it unplugged.. left it unplugged for about 20-30 mins then had to reset the window again for express up and down and reset tps but still doing same thing

oilcanhenry May 2nd, 2022 2:25 AM

Originally Posted by 265mercman (Post 478388)
Yea I resent the battery left it unplugged.. left it unplugged for about 20-30 mins then had to reset the window again for express up and down and reset tps but still doing same thing

I am sorry that did not work. Its a last resort measure anyhow. My guess is a defective part or sensor. I'm not really a body and paint man, so if the same thing occurred in my 2015 Malibu I'd see what my expensive Innova OBD II code-reader had to say about it. I think you need someone with the same advanced OBD II code sensor to figure out what's going on.with your Chevy.

RoninDusette May 16th, 2022 1:25 PM

Did you get the right motor? I know there are two different plugs for the regulator. Maybe even though the plugs are the same the computer for those motors send different codes to the bcm on the CAN bus?

Jkessler April 25th, 2024 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by 265mercman (Post 478368)

Were you ever able to resolve this? Im currently having the same issue.