Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Diagnostic Codes for Cruze 2011 problems

Search this Thread

Old January 31st, 2018, 3:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Diagnostic Codes for Cruze 2011 problems

I have seen on many of the forums regarding the Cruze that there tends to be common problem of P0597 and P0598, and then occasionally I see on the forums issues with the P0171. I have just moved recently into my area, so I do not have yet a preferred dealer. I do see on these forums that many people have been asked to send a PM to a GM rep about these issues. I hope that since these appear to be very common problems that I will not be put out with a huge bill to address these issues. I hope to get this resolved very soon since I cannot pass my state's DEQ requirements with these issues causing the check engine light and codes to appear.

Thank you
Old February 3rd, 2018, 12:43 PM
CF Beginner

Hello?
Old February 23rd, 2018, 9:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default Engine light

Took my Cruz to Chevrolet dealership and had oil changed. When I picked up vehicle the engine light was on. They looked at it and couldn’t give a reason why. Drove car for approximately 3 days and light came back on. Took car back to dealership and they said it was because ice was built up in the shutters. Anyone else have this problem?