Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Service Parking Assist

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2018, 11:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Service Parking Assist

My 2014 Chevy Cruze LT with the Technology Package. The other day the MyLink touchscreen interface would not turn on when I started the car. It has since remained completely black. Radio still works and I can control everything from the steering wheel controls, albet blindly. On my way home yesterday, the sensors went haywire while I was driving. Several lights in the HUD flashed on and off. The DIC indicated that I need to service parking assist and the theft prevention system, then it went away.

The blind spot monitoring system did go out a few months back and I have yet to get it serviced. The driver's side works, but the passenger side mirror sensor is out. Not sure how related the systems may be.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Old December 12th, 2018, 11:23 PM
CF Beginner

Did you ever find out what was the problem, recently my car started doing this except my radio wont work.
Old January 9th, 2019, 4:36 PM
CF Beginner

Default Is fuse 5 blown?

Like you, we didn't worry much about the Side Detection System failure warning, until our dash went dark.
I saw a thread on another site that connected the dash problem to the side detection system.